Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What kind of slip ons?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts
Default What kind of slip ons?

I've got a 08 SG.I want to get it a little louder,but I don't want to mess with any fuel management or air filter changes. What do you recommend? Thanks Jrsess

Old 11-05-2007, 05:21 PM
ajax519
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What kind of slip ons?

Hey Jrsess...just picked up my 08 SG last week. I installed V&H Ovals and love the sound. Looked at the SE touring slip ons but wanted a little more volume, very happy with the ovals. I did the SE AC and Sert as well but dealer says no problem if you just add slip ons of almost any brand as long as you dont also add the SE air cleaner too. If you do SEAC you will need a new map so as not to run too lean.

I was also fortunate that the dealer has several bikes with all kinds of different slip ons to listen to so I heard them all. Do a search and you'll see that most who have ovals love them. They also look cool!

Old 11-05-2007, 06:28 PM
jjsg77
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bikes run lean already. you add slip ons and the computer will make it run leaner. you spent 20g's on a bike, don't skim on the exhaust set up, go to fuelmotousa.com, get the rush slip ons, power commander and k&n air cleaner. good combo for the money and good sound! smooths the bike out and helps pick up a few ponys!

Old 11-05-2007, 06:37 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I am so happy with how my bike runs with the Stage 1. Ovals+true duals+AN BS+PCIII.

This is a tried and true combination. You won't be sorry.

Bike runs much stronger and cooler than stock.
Steve

Old 11-05-2007, 07:36 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As far as i know the only tuner for the 08 is the Sert. Go with Rush 2.0 but no bigger and you will get plenty of sound with out the tuner but if you really want it to run like a champ get the Sert and a dyno and you will be rollin.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Scootr
Road Master

Up untill recently I ran Rush 1.75 on my 07 streetglide with the stage 1 download from the dealer. Great sound and runs pretty good. I decided to go with PCIII and AN Big Sucker a/c with the Rush pipes now. It started to bother me how lean and hot the bike ran.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Bill G
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

ORIGINAL: ajax519

Hey Jrsess...just picked up my 08 SG last week. I installed V&H Ovals and love the sound. Looked at the SE touring slip ons but wanted a little more volume, very happy with the ovals. I did the SE AC and Sert as well but dealer says no problem if you just add slip ons of almost any brand as long as you dont also add the SE air cleaner too. If you do SEAC you will need a new map so as not to run too lean.

I was also fortunate that the dealer has several bikes with all kinds of different slip ons to listen to so I heard them all. Do a search and you'll see that most who have ovals love them. They also look cool!
I second the V&H Ovals. If you just install the mufflers only and leave the AC stock you will be fine and the bike will run ok. They have a nice sound, but they are not obnoxious sounding by any means, just a nice deep tone. The V&H Ovals have a power baffle design as they are a pipe inside of a pipe design this prevents chrome discoloration. They do not utalize any packing in the mufflers, also the V&H teck said they produce the most horse power and torqe out of there slip on muffler line for the touring model Harleys.

Take Care,
Bill G

Old 11-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Firecap501
Former Sponsor

V&H ovals are perfect for me, I wanted a bit more sound, but nothing that would give me a head ache on long runs. I have done the stage one with the fuel pack and the bik runs GREAT and does not have as much heat on my legs check into it, you wont be sorry

Old 11-06-2007, 02:31 AM
stu07hd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another vote for the Rush slip-ons from me. I have the Rush 2.0's and am very happy with them.They seem to have a deep tone and are about 2 times louder than stock in my opinion. I had the HD Stage 1 download doneat the same time I put Rush 2.0 Slip-ons on. If you plan to change air cleaners or switch pipes frequently you may consider a fuel programmer. It may be cheaper in the long run. I paid $150 for the stage 1 remap at my dealer. Was it money well spent, probably so since a sparkknock issueis now gone.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:43 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

[align=center]MUFFLERS\EXHAUST SYSTEMS 101
LOUDER IS A STATE-OF-MIND
[/align]
What seems Loud to one is not always Loud for others - Put your ears to work for you - Attend a Bike Nite - Rally - Poker Run and sit back and listen - when you here the SOUND that is right for YOU - Go talk to the rider & ask questions - You'll be happy you did!!!

Quick Reply: What kind of slip ons?