Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:51 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Issue: What bike is better, a Street Glide or a Road Glide?

Trying to decide between a street glide and a road glide can be tough. Below you can find some opinions on what are the advantages and disadvantages between each model.

Things to consider:
-Distance you will be riding
-Your height
-Storage room
-ETC

Of course you will want to ride each bike before you make your decision, but the thread below will give you things to consider before making your choice.
Print Wikipost

Street Glide vs. Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 12:33 PM
cosshog
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I (6'1) felt very cramped on the Ultra (knees felt like they were right at the handlebars) but love all the room on my RG, just a larger roomier feel to it. Highway is where the RG really starts to shine with no buffeting in the handlebars and just slices through the wind. If I have to get another one someday it will be without question a RG. Don't worry about what other people think that's how you end up with a SheepGlide.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:44 PM
11glide103
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by L0W R1D3R
Yeah, I figured I would get a bunch of answers and that is what I am looking for. Thanks for the input. Problem is I can't go and sit on one or I will end up buying it.

I am going to ride both. I am looking at the RG Ultra too and hope that highway pegs would be an option, but those lower fairings look like they may be in the way.
I have Street Glide and my riding bud has a Road Glide. I like them both. You just need to try both and see which one fiits you best, I would take either one if the choice was there. Shame I cant have both.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Grind
Road Master

Originally Posted by L0W R1D3R
Great information. Did you have forward controls on your Super Glide or stock pegs. Having forwards on the Street Bob, I feel that I may be spoiled in the leg room area. If you look at my signature pic, I even ride with my heels out on the forwards. But, if you are 6'4" and comfortable with the stock setup, then I am sure with some highway pegs I will be fine.
I had stock mid-controls, with highway pegs. I found it to be economical and dual-purpose, as I would shift and brake with my heels if my feet were on highway pegs, or with my toes if on the mids.

Truthfully, though, the floorboards are in such a good position, that I don't reach out for the highway pegs very often.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:34 PM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Get the Road Glide.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Ganooch
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
Get the Road Glide.
A Street Glide guy saying to get the Road Glide. Interesting. Can you please elaborate why you think that the RG would be better?

Old 03-12-2012, 01:58 PM
The Whale
Cruiser

I had a 2008 Street Glide and bought a 2010 Road Glide. Hard to compare since the frame changed between the 2 models but if I had to buy another one today I prefer the Road Glide. More storage, looks better (in my opinion) rides like a dream.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Bigdave12768
Tourer

OMG don't buy a Road Glide. You cant reach the radio while driving down road.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:17 PM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

proud owner of a SG and both are good options, however if you do a BUNCH of highway miles, that is where the RG wins

now if your primary driving is short distances on the highway like 200 miles or so and the around town thing, then the SG wins

but if you are looking at driving cross-country or 800 miles per day on highway, then go with the RG

there is a reason the SG/EG is the best selling tourer though, looks do come into it at some point and the SG/EG wins hands down every time

Old 03-12-2012, 02:20 PM
floridapoolboy
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm 5'7" and bought a Street Glide. My friend is 6'4" and bought a Road Glide. I don't like the feel of the Road Glide, everything seems too far away for me, but my friend loves his. I guess the Street Glide just seems to fit me better, to each their own, both nice bikes!

Old 03-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Bigdave12768
Tourer

Originally Posted by lgenf
proud owner of a SG and both are good options, however if you do a BUNCH of highway miles, that is where the RG wins

now if your primary driving is short distances on the highway like 200 miles or so and the around town thing, then the SG wins

but if you are looking at driving cross-country or 800 miles per day on highway, then go with the RG

there is a reason the SG/EG is the best selling tourer though, looks do come into it at some point and the SG/EG wins hands down every time
what are you a over the road truck driver?

Quick Reply: Street Glide vs. Road Glide