Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!! Please....Turn signal module problem?

Old 03-12-2012, 05:38 PM
SteveB FLH
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! Please....Turn signal module problem?

Yesterday went riding noticed that I had NO turn signals, No flashers, but had front running lights, front and rear fender tip lights, head lights and auxiliary front lights. All dash lighting works and stereo fine. Checked fuses and accessory fuse had blown. The ACC switch on dash still lights when switched on. Also checked diagnostic for codes and this is what was showing.....PN68920-07 .......when checking TSM/TSSM. Does this mean that my Turn Signal Module is bad? Checked rear light bar and wiring for any scrubs or scuffs or crimpping and all was good, other than no turn signals, also just checked no horn either but my accessory fuse is still blown.....anyone have any suggestions. Electrical problems are not my forte but I am trying to be patient with troubleshooting. Thanks in advance for any help!!!
SteveB

Old 03-12-2012, 05:43 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,938 Likes on 1,701 Posts

No, the pn# will show up in the area for which you are testing. You have a short to ground by a rubbed wire somewhere.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:49 PM
SteveB FLH
Road Warrior

Thanks Dawg......... is there any place I should start ?

Old 03-12-2012, 06:05 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member

The usual places are the wiring in the rear fender, check the fender tip light wire in the front fender where it passes through the fender and the wiring up into the fairing from the front fender, check the wiring loom from the rear brake switch near the exhaust bracket where it attaches to the Ittransmission (this is where my problem was), etc. It can sometimes be a bitch to trace down, but stick at it and you'll find it.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:18 PM
SteveB FLH
Road Warrior

Again thanks Dawg..... will try and find it, just got to be patient....

Old 03-12-2012, 07:05 PM
EastSideBikerTrash
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar problem that would only blow the fuze when I was riding the bike. Couldn't get it to blow in the garage with the bike running and turning everything on and off. A wire in the fairing was getting pinched when I turned to the left. About drive me crazy.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:03 PM
SteveB FLH
Road Warrior

Success.... I believe I have isolated the problem seems to be in the LH side switch wiring. After checking some various locations and pulling the fairing still couldn't find problem; then tried removing switch housing on LH side and PRESTO...must have been a crimped or pinched wire in there....now turn signals work, horn works seems all is good for now after reinstalling.......Thanks Dawg for the help!

Old 03-13-2012, 05:36 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member

Glad ya got it figured out.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:45 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts

Well done all concerned! Most electrical problems are actually mechanical, as this proves.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:02 PM
superiorsvshvac
Stage I
Default I too have a problem

I have a 1996 Softail Springer. I converted to LED turn signals last year and added a badlands load equalizer so they worked fine. The shake of bike rattled my brake light loose on the bracket. I removed the bracket and tightened the tail light and re installed. The first time I used my right turn signal it came on steady and has remained that way since, when the ignition is on, I cannot get it to turn off. I did find a pinched wire on my left rear turn signal and repaired that. My left signal works fine. There are no pinched wires on the right side and when I unplug the rear harness the same. I can disconnect my front signal with no change. The only way I can get my right signal to go off it to unplug the canceler. I have not seen any other pinched wires and have not messed with any other wiring and all worked fine prior to this issue. Ideas?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help!!! Please....Turn signal module problem?