Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   How do your 4" V&H Slash Rounds Sound? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/745779-how-do-your-4-v-and-h-slash-rounds-sound.html)

Tinman265 03-19-2012 11:34 AM

How do your 4" V&H Slash Rounds Sound?

I am looking to change my mufflers out.

I currently have Python True Dual headpipes (basically V&H Dresser Duals) with Python 3-1/2" Scalloped End mufflers.

It is louder than I would like with crackling starting right off idle. Once you get to speed and cruise they have a nice mellow tone to them but getting there can be a bear at times.... Forget about leaving early in the morning without waking the kids.

And I have a set of 255 cams waiting to be installed which I know will make it even louder.

I am looking for something with a nice mellow rumble. A little bark is ok. I have heard bikes with the 4" slash rounds and they seem to be what I am looking for but I figured I would ask if anyone else has this combo I am concidering and your oppinion of it.

Thanks

davidsdad 03-19-2012 12:24 PM

Mine sound bad a$$ with the V&H true dresser duals.

Scottybob 03-19-2012 12:28 PM

Mine are awesome! Mellow at start up and idle but barky when you give it hell. I used the power duals head pipe.

harley_badboy 03-19-2012 01:52 PM

Have you thought about the Monster Ovals, I'm told they aren't that loud if you want something 'quieter'.

cdemarse 03-19-2012 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by davidsdad (Post 9544402)
Mine sound bad a$$ with the V&H true dresser duals.

same here. Love em.

one-up 03-19-2012 03:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have the V&H 4" twin slash rounds on my 2011 Electra Glide Classic. It still has the cat. converter in the head pipe and they still sound pretty good. I bet they'd be even better sounding if I killed the cat.

VTL nut 03-19-2012 03:48 PM

Got em on my 07 with stock head pipes, and they sound like a Harley should.
Nice rumble at idle, but get on it and they come to life. A few people have commented who were following me.

2004Sierra 03-19-2012 04:39 PM

I love the Twin Slash Rounds with the Dresser Duals.

They sounded pretty strong before the 255's....After the 255's they sound down right nasty...In a good way.

The 255's really changed the tone,, deeper with much more authority.

Cruising I can here the radio fine, but twist the throttle and all he** breaks loose...I like it. LOL

Tinman265 03-19-2012 10:00 PM

Thanks for the responce. Looks like i'm gonna give them a try...

hubble 03-29-2012 10:04 AM

I also have dresser duals and 255 cams with fat shotz mufflers. Its nice and quiet but I really miss the rumble. I'm looking for a different muffler but don't know what to go with. I'd really like to try the monster rounds, but their pricy. I enjoy listining to the radio so i don't want anything really loud that gets on yer nerves on a long trip. I tried some se mufflers before these fat shotz and they were really loud and just didn't sound right, also tried some crusher mufflers. Those things made the bike sound like a loud tractor didn't like those at all.