Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Ride Shields

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 04:29 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a early X-Stream before they modded as the "Stealth". In fact I have another one as well to put on when this one dies.

I wouldn't buy any other makers shields and I've got a box full of them gathering dust. LRS Stealth or Ultraflip keeps buffeting at bay like no other I've tried.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:43 PM
djack
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had a 8.5klockwerks and recently changed to an LRS 10in. stealth seems to be less wind noise and buffeting maybe just because it's taller.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:31 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce00
It seems all the responses are from the bat wing crowd. Any shark nose guys/gals rocking the LRS?
I've been sitting behind a KlockWerks 8" for 3 yrs now and I do love the looks of this shield. But the problem is anything beyond 70mph and you have to hang onto your sunglasses. So saturday I put 210miles on the RG and coming down one of the mountain passes out of NY, I hit 95 and my glasses flew away
When I got home I ordered a LRS in the 10 inch version, dark tint.
Since Iam 5-6, its probably too high for me to see over it, but time will tell.

Should be here tomorrow.................woo hoo
Hey Bruce. One of the problems with our Phantom for Road Glide shields is the height. We only make these up to 10", and most of the time, riders need taller than that. Those fairings sit so far forward and lower than the batwing fairings, and more height is a must. The same basic rules apply with sizing. The top should be close to the mouth area. It sounds to me though, if you're using an 8" and like it, the 10" will be a huge difference. Riders that are able to use the shorter Phantom shields absolutely love them. Hope you love it as much as they do. Let us all know!

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 03-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by longrideshields-1
Hey Bruce. One of the problems with our Phantom for Road Glide shields is the height. We only make these up to 10", and most of the time, riders need taller than that. Those fairings sit so far forward and lower than the batwing fairings, and more height is a must. The same basic rules apply with sizing. The top should be close to the mouth area. It sounds to me though, if you're using an 8" and like it, the 10" will be a huge difference. Riders that are able to use the shorter Phantom shields absolutely love them. Hope you love it as much as they do. Let us all know!
Well its 6:45 and if the UPS man was gonna deliver, he would have been here already
Rained today, buy Iam ridding to work tomorrow
Hopefully the LRS will arrive thursday

Last edited by Bruce00; 03-28-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:00 PM
wendon65
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is great information on this thread. I started a post earlier today on the subject of my head rattles over 50 mph and its awful. I guess it's called buffeting. I have the batwing fairing on a 2012 Electra Glide. I am taking a lot of long rides this summer and want quick results. Starting with a windshield. I have the stock 4"

Old 06-28-2013, 07:41 AM
buggin02
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wendon65
There is great information on this thread. I started a post earlier today on the subject of my head rattles over 50 mph and its awful. I guess it's called buffeting. I have the batwing fairing on a 2012 Electra Glide. I am taking a lot of long rides this summer and want quick results. Starting with a windshield. I have the stock 4"
Uhhhh...If you have an EG and it has a 4" windshield, it's not stock. The stock one is much taller 11-13" depending one where you measure from. The Street Glide came with a 4" but regardless, a 4" windshield will result in a lot of buffeting compared to the taller ones.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:11 AM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

Funny you should ask...

I just installed the LRS 8" recurve on my SG a few days ago and got my first ride in last night and again to work today...I have to say it's better, but still not perfect. I'm still getting a lot of wind from underneath the fairing and some buffeting when I'm wearing a helmet. I did notice today that it seems more succeptible to side winds - I got some 'feedback' on the bars that I didn't get with the stock 4" shield.

LRS delivered quickly, the workmanship is fantastic, and it was an easy install - everything lined up and I can still use my 3-pouch. But the jury's still out - might have to do with the windshield size (I'm 6' and ride with a slight slouch) - maybe I should have gone an inch or two taller? I'll have to get some more miles on it before I can give a solid thumbs-up.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:23 AM
ch54
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the 8" Ultra on mine. I'm 5'9 and a half. The shield works great early in the ride but after a while when I slouch a bit the top vents of my helmet must drop out of the airstream and I have to remember to sit up again to get ventilation. Guess maybe I should have got the 7". Overall I'm happy with the shield.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:51 PM
Gunslingertom
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ch54
I have the 8" Ultra on mine. I'm 5'9 and a half. The shield works great early in the ride but after a while when I slouch a bit the top vents of my helmet must drop out of the airstream and I have to remember to sit up again to get ventilation. Guess maybe I should have got the 7". Overall I'm happy with the shield.
Same thing kinda happened here too. I recommend when buying a windshield, you take the bike for a pretty long ride because you'll settle into your seat and riding style a bit, then measure. I tend to slouch a bit after about 3 minutes of riding. So it ends up my windshield is a little too tall.
I also have 4 different seats that position me in different positions and heights, so I have to have a different height WS for each seat.