Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Need your opinion BLACK OR WHITE? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/748515-need-your-opinion-black-or-white.html)

Sgt_Torque 03-26-2012 12:11 PM

Need your opinion BLACK OR WHITE?

I would like to hear your pros and cons as you see them as to having an all white FLHTK or an all black one. I have never owned an all white motorcycle and the wife and I are buying either a 2012 or a 2013 FLHTK. I don't want to mess up any of your ideas so I'll hold my opinion and listen to anyone who wants to contribute. We neither like the colored ones or the price associated with more than just one color. We both like all black or all white, just would like to hear your thoughts. Thanks.......
And before I hit send, we did buy a 2010 FLSTFB in Black Denim and feel one flat black bike is enough. We want all the "goodies" like security and stereo upgrades, so is it best to go FLHTK ? or add all the stuff off the parts and accessories book on a Classic or FLHTCU? We know it will end up a personal decision, but would love to hear from all that experience out there. And yes, we will then sell the BMW K1200LT (it's too much like a two wheeled cage) :icon_user:

RaceFace 03-26-2012 12:19 PM

Everybody knows BLACK is faster!!! :D

dickey 03-26-2012 12:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my 2 bikes. How do you think I would vote!

Actually; I love black, but it's too hard to keep lookin' nice.

KCFLHRC 03-26-2012 12:24 PM

Definitely white, or black.

shooter5074 03-26-2012 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by RaceFace (Post 9577321)

That's an urban legend ...... if you look at the used bikes at a dealer, most of them are black. That's because the previous owners found out the truth. Black is the slowest color, and traded them in on another color. :icon_laugh:

BreadGuy_FLHX 03-26-2012 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by RaceFace (Post 9577321)

...I do not agree... :icon_beerchug:

Plus, I've noticed all of the LEO's are much more friendly when I'm on the white one...

Iceman24 03-26-2012 12:41 PM

"Once you go black..." - you know the rest...;)

harley_badboy 03-26-2012 12:49 PM

If white or black is the only choice, then I vote for black.

Barney Biker 03-26-2012 12:55 PM

White bike

I really like white bikes but,
Had a white Road King once and the bright sun light would just about put my eyes out.
Well maybe not put them out but the reflected light really hurt them.
Just something to think about.

Barney

Cowboy Rob 03-26-2012 12:56 PM

Well, I love the look of black,but no way will I ever have another vivid black HD. I love the look,but don't like to clean it. Since you can't get a 2012 FLHTK in white,black would be my choice for you :icon_tongue: