Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trees and upper tubes to fit Yamaha R1 fork assembly

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2020, 07:57 AM
SJT
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Trees and upper tubes to fit Yamaha R1 fork assembly

I found these on flea-bay

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F254477729345

other than revalve and possibly resprung a good tree would help me loose the spaghetti noodle fork I’m currently riding on the ‘96 FLHTCU.

these forks would also net the radial Mount calipers to lose the single pot calipers.

some Ducati 999 Marchesini would finish it off nice.

Has anyone done this swap?

Old 01-16-2020, 08:31 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 441 Likes on 246 Posts
Default Yes, I have

You are starting off with the wrong model of fork, That guy is asking more than what you can buy brand new Ohlins forks right from a dealer that would work. The next thing is where are you going to get a set of triple trees? Caliper alignment onto a rotor using a HD hub requires expensive spacers. Fender brackets can either be hacked or spend money to fabricate suitable ones. Look to spend upwards of $5,500.00 in parts or make you own which would cost you more.

The following users liked this post:
Cossack84 (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 10:13 AM
Johnnypop
Tourer
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Fastharley thanks for the your information. Glad you still respond to some postings . Not sure why so many get so uptight with your posting.

Old 01-16-2020, 10:53 AM
SJT
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by FastHarley
You are starting off with the wrong model of fork, That guy is asking more than what you can buy brand new Ohlins forks right from a dealer that would work. The next thing is where are you going to get a set of triple trees? Caliper alignment onto a rotor using a HD hub requires expensive spacers. Fender brackets can either be hacked or spend money to fabricate suitable ones. Look to spend upwards of $5,500.00 in parts or make you own which would cost you more.

that’s what I’m talking about... from what I gather the nix 30mm cartridge kit is $1k alone and the eBay includes the rest of the assembly hardware short of the tree and anything wheel/axle related... more on that later. I plan to loose the front fender. If it’s wet I’ll be wet anyway.

Fast Harley, if I were to source a Triple tree what would is recomendEd for rigidity? Once I have that foundation I can build my forks down to the wheel. I definitely want to use +2” upper tubes to get the bike up in the air. I was thinking 360-380mm rear shocks. I want the really get deep in the corners. In addition to the suspension I am also doing this for brakes. I plan to run a wide tire on the front and 09+ rear swing arm with the CCE kit and maybe the 08 CVO rear fender... idk haven’t got that far yet... trying to nail down the forks.

Last edited by SJT; 01-16-2020 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-16-2020, 12:05 PM
Cossack84
Tourer
Received 132 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by SJT
that’s what I’m talking about... from what I gather the nix 30mm cartridge kit is $1k alone and the eBay includes the rest of the assembly hardware short of the tree and anything wheel/axle related... more on that later. I plan to loose the front fender. If it’s wet I’ll be wet anyway.

Fast Harley, if I were to source a Triple tree what would is recomendEd for rigidity? Once I have that foundation I can build my forks down to the wheel. I definitely want to use +2” upper tubes to get the bike up in the air. I was thinking 360-380mm rear shocks. I want the really get deep in the corners. In addition to the suspension I am also doing this for brakes. I plan to run a wide tire on the front and 09+ rear swing arm with the CCE kit and maybe the 08 CVO rear fender... idk haven’t got that far yet... trying to nail down the forks.
I think you need to reread the second reply.

eighteight (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 06:06 PM
Johnnypop
Tourer
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

SJT
I would call Howard and talk to him in person. He knows how to set a suspension. He is a sponsor of this site. Motorcycle Metal is his website. His service has always been fantastic for me.

SJT (01-17-2020)