Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jim's introduces new Forceflow Cyl Head Cooler

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 11:10 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

there is a lot of things sold for harleys that are way over priced..someone will buy it.. besides price, looks like a good product. looks a lot better then that giant parade fan they sell. it rarely gets warm enough around here to get to running temp let alone hot, but i can see a use for it in warmer places..

Old 04-13-2012, 07:21 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

I'm on his list as well but I have no idea what number I am?

Originally Posted by TedMan
Yes, and I'm #39 on his waiting list. Good looking and much less expensive. My 2011 RKC 103 w/ SE 204, AC, Jackpots runs pretty hot even with spot on (open loop) tune. EITMS in town guarenteed if the temp is north of 75 deg. No wonder oil cooler was standard equipment on my scoot. These bikes are getting hotter. I have owned an 88, a 96, and now the 103. Fan is worth it IMO.

TedMan

Old 04-13-2012, 07:23 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickr01
I'm on his list as well but I have no idea what number I am?
you're # 26

Old 04-13-2012, 07:58 AM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I wish they would show a pic. of the working side of the fan....prolly just a computer muffin fan in there.....

Old 04-13-2012, 09:18 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 2black1s
Yep! Even better than an infrared measurement - here's what a LeNale fan will do for you with the measurement taken directly from the engine temp sensor in the front head.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...test-data.html

These things work!
Any rear cylinder data? My front cht via the temp sensor alwas reads lower than my ir gun at the spark plugs.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:39 AM
akjeff
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks good, if you need that sort of thing. My questions would be, how much does it weigh, and how is it attached to the bike? And, what kind of warranty comes with it? The included thermostat, and integrating the horn, are excellent ideas.

Jeff

Old 04-13-2012, 09:50 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mtclassic
Any rear cylinder data? My front cht via the temp sensor alwas reads lower than my ir gun at the spark plugs.
You probably wont find a lot of guys running a rear CHT sensor, I added stand alone F/R CHT surface mount sensors and I included front and rear data with my experiment. I validated my add on sensors with the PC console that reads the OEM sensor. I don't get an accurate reading with the with IR laser temp gun either. In addition to providing fire, the spark plug serves to dissipate heat, hence different heat ranges, it is transfering directly from inside the combustion chamber, so it stands to reason that it will be hotter than the average temp of the head. The rear does get hotter, but its not as drastic as many believe, an average of 15 degrees, but as much as 30 degrees under continuous high RPM operations(highway), I triggered my system of the hotter rear cyl. Theres something not quite right about the performance chart on this product, the time line and the temp values. I would like to know the conditions under which the data was collected. From an already fully warmed up condition, to an unscheduled stop, it only takes about 4 minutes for my rear head to breech the 340F limit of my gauge, without the fans of course, I cant imagine it takes much more than another few minutes to reach maximum temperature. My first prototype "micro" fan system performs better than the chart shown. It actually lowers the temp instead of just slowing the rise. Nothin like a little healthy competition, It definately looks good.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:35 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

The location of the Jims unit is sitting lower then the spark plug deck. So if that is the area that needs the cooling, us guys with the finned bridge covers should be OK with our guys cooling fans. If not, unless I remove the bridge covers, there's no use in installing the fans if their not going to give me 100% air movement in the correct areas of the heads.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Niblet
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
you're # 26
How do I get on the list,,any link to the future product? or pics of prototype?

Old 04-13-2012, 11:18 AM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Rickr01
A member here on the forum is building another version which I'm told is priced along the same lines as the Lenale.
Where can I see more information on this?? After that ride through Main Street @Daytona, I want something for mine...

Quick Reply: Jim's introduces new Forceflow Cyl Head Cooler