Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jim's introduces new Forceflow Cyl Head Cooler

Old 07-30-2016, 03:48 AM
B4sunset
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi guys

Originally Posted by Rickr01
A member here on the forum is building another version which I'm told is priced along the same lines as the Lenale.
Hi , I am newbe in the whole thing of HD bikes & riding so I wish to find some guidance from the experts here.

Who is this member ( the one who is doing the customized cooling system ) and how to see his cooling unite?
I have sportster xl1200c and I live in Saudi Arabia
Temperature here Easley reaches 50 c.degrees !
I feel the engine is boiling & I wish to find practical yet low profile Soloution to the heat issue ,
I was hoping that one of you guys could give me an advice

Old 07-30-2016, 04:50 AM
xcbullet
Road Warrior
Received 259 Likes on 221 Posts

Wards FCS there's a thread going on about them that can't be more than a couple days back.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:38 AM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 136 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by B4sunset
Hi , I am newbe in the whole thing of HD bikes & riding so I wish to find some guidance from the experts here.

Who is this member ( the one who is doing the customized cooling system ) and how to see his cooling unite?
I have sportster xl1200c and I live in Saudi Arabia
Temperature here Easley reaches 50 c.degrees !
I feel the engine is boiling & I wish to find practical yet low profile Soloution to the heat issue ,
I was hoping that one of you guys could give me an advice
=========================

Your obviously looking for max cooling so i rec you do what i did which was install an ultracool oil cooler with twin thermostatically controlled cooling fans to cool oil & motor along with wards cooling fans that target cooling heads and upper cyls both at same time.

That resulted in a 50deg f reduction in oil temp in summer heat right off the bat resulting in multiple improvements in engine perf & riding comfort too.

And keep in mid its also parts of the oils job to remove heat / cool an air cooled bike motor too so when i installed the 2 cooling system mods on my bike that reduced oil temp 50deg f in summer heat that at the same time reduce engine temp x-amount too.

BTW,do not install an oil cooler without elec cooling fans because when you need an oil cooler most like when sitting in traffic & or when at slow road speed an oil cooler with no cooling fans is just about useless due to lack of cool airflow thru the cooler.

See links pasted below for details on the 2 cooling mods i installed on my HD & rec that when working collectively together as a hvy dty cooling team will get the job done.

BTW,many guys here will chime in saying these cooling mods arent needed & or wont be beneficial in summer heat on an air cooled HD.

But the problem with that is they have in fact never tried the same 2 cooling mods so their opinon it's all but useless because they have no experience doing it in the 1st place so ignore if you see negative comments posted on these 2 cooling mods from guys that never tried both of them at same time on their bikes like i did.

Good luck.

Scott

================================================== =

http://www.ultracoolfl.com/shop/cool...FVNahgodZLEJhg

http://wardspartswerks.com/cooling-fans.html

Old 07-30-2016, 10:08 AM
B4sunset
1st Gear

Originally Posted by wscott
=========================

Your obviously looking for max cooling so i rec you do what i did which was install an ultracool oil cooler with twin thermostatically controlled cooling fans to cool oil & motor along with wards cooling fans that target cooling heads and upper cyls both at same time.

That resulted in a 50deg f reduction in oil temp in summer heat right off the bat resulting in multiple improvements in engine perf & riding comfort too.

And keep in mid its also parts of the oils job to remove heat / cool an air cooled bike motor too so when i installed the 2 cooling system mods on my bike that reduced oil temp 50deg f in summer heat that at the same time reduce engine temp x-amount too.

BTW,do not install an oil cooler without elec cooling fans because when you need an oil cooler most like when sitting in traffic & or when at slow road speed an oil cooler with no cooling fans is just about useless due to lack of cool airflow thru the cooler.

See links pasted below for details on the 2 cooling mods i installed on my HD & rec that when working collectively together as a hvy dty cooling team will get the job done.

BTW,many guys here will chime in saying these cooling mods arent needed & or wont be beneficial in summer heat on an air cooled HD.

But the problem with that is they have in fact never tried the same 2 cooling mods so their opinon it's all but useless because they have no experience doing it in the 1st place so ignore if you see negative comments posted on these 2 cooling mods from guys that never tried both of them at same time on their bikes like i did.

Good luck.

Scott

================================================== =

http://www.ultracoolfl.com/shop/cool...FVNahgodZLEJhg

http://wardspartswerks.com/cooling-fans.html
Thanks Scott
I believe this is exactly what I am looking for ,
For the ward's fan it is Easy choice ( one model fits all ) , but for the ultracool I couldn't find-out which model fits best my SPORSTER XL1200C !
Either they have different name for the sportster or they don't have something particular for !
In any case I sent them an email
And I will see what is their reply .
All the best

Old 07-30-2016, 12:35 PM
B4sunset
1st Gear

Originally Posted by B4sunset
Thanks Scott
I believe this is exactly what I am looking for ,
For the ward's fan it is Easy choice ( one model fits all ) , but for the ultracool I couldn't find-out which model fits best my SPORSTER XL1200C !
Either they have different name for the sportster or they don't have something particular for !
In any case I sent them an email
And I will see what is their reply .
All the best
They have just sent me a reply ( ultracool) stating that they have no model to fit with sportster!
I don't know if my bike doesn't require this oil cooling or if I should seek something fabricated for my bike!

Old 07-30-2016, 01:33 PM
cajun1957a
Road Warrior
Received 139 Likes on 83 Posts

Great idea and most like works as said but the price. What is with manufactures today? Everything for a Harley is $400-$500 dollars regaurdless of what it is. Harley themselves never got the hint and still stings its customers. The import bikes are more reliable and cost less and yet we potato potato potato sheep keep bleeting and shelling out the big bucks. I recently priced a true dual conversion kit that consisted of a straight piece of exhaust pipe, a manifold gasket and a 8 inch pipe bent into a "j" Yup that will be $250 please. Sorry for the rant but this $hit sucks.

randy