Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard Saddlebag hinges/latches

Old 04-18-2013, 04:46 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Hard Saddlebag hinges/latches

Hi
I'm from over on Softail section, but figured I might get more feedback over here for this question.
Instead of buying a Streetglide, I bought a Deadcentercycles fairing and some extended saddlebags, they came back from the painters today, real pleased with the job, but inspite of me giving him all the hinges and latches etc, he hasn't put them together, all the fittings are new and still in the bags from Harley.
Before I start to put them together, can anyone tell if it's a hard job to build these up, any special tools needed, or does anyone know where I can get some instructions, I have no experience of hard bags whatsoever, I dont even know what goes where, so any help would be appreciated.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:55 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Very simple to put together the hinges and brackets. All you need is a pair of needle nose to help pull the rubber bushings in and1 allen wrench all the bolts are the same size allen for the lid brackets and the hinge. Use a little blue locktite and your OK

Old 04-18-2013, 04:56 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

most of the stuff you can go to Harleys web sight and find the part then download the mounting instructions , hope that helps but don't think it would be that hard

Old 04-18-2013, 10:40 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like that's my Sunday mapped out. Lol!

Old 04-18-2013, 11:24 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Suggestion: Stop by your local HD store at break time or a quality Indy and pay $40-50 to have the job done for you.

Another alternative is to ask the parts counter guy/gal to print out the instructions for HD's saddlebag speaker lid kit. Short of buying a service manual, I don't know of another way to get useful info.

I disassembled my bags when I had the bike repainted a couple of years ago and did not find reassembly an easy experience. I did it again when installing HD' saddlebag speaker lids about a year ago and that was no bargain either. Managed to do it but no joy.

Carl