Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To Dual or not to Dual!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 08:31 PM
lenny
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To Dual or not to Dual!!

07 Ultra - Ihave been reading the posts on the above and if I am understanding them correctly if I install duals and related accessories I should notice better performance, cooler running bike, maybe better fuel mileage and a throatier sound. OK. Vance & Hines dual headers with classic slip ons, stage 1 AC kit and a PC111 tuner. I've heard the classics on a 06 EG and thought they sounded good. Loosing the cross over pipe with the new header pipes will allow me to pull the oil dip stick without scorching the back of my hand. The PC111 will make certain that I don't run to lean and get the best performance that I can get out of a stock engine. It will breath better with the AC kit. Sounds like a no brainer but what about HD warranty?I was told by an HD parts salesman that the ECM on the bike would not record or register the PC111 and that I would only have to unplug it if I were to need warranty work. Of course the AC kit and headers would have to go back to stock also, wouldn"t they? Little over a grand for all the above but do not want to hurt warranty. What are the thoughts?

Old 12-30-2006, 08:36 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: To Dual or not to Dual!!

Wahl, all ah kin tell ya is that the dealership that installed mah Bassani duals didn't indicate any possible issue with any kinda warranty claims, an' havin' any work done on it under warranty would be the same as havin' the OEM pipes on it - sounds to me like they're tryin' ta drum up some shop time...

Old 12-30-2006, 10:01 PM
toolbox
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have installedall kinds of aftermarket pipes and MANY PCIII's on many bikes and have never heard of a Stealer not warranting bike warranty problems. Unless there just not easy to deal with or dont like you for some reason (No offense) But have not heard of ANY problems with warrantys. Put the pipes on.
TOOLBOX

[IMG]local://upfiles/11196/7B83AF2482784011B1E5DBB9D6AFF847.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-30-2006, 11:14 PM
2smoooth
Road Captain

My dealer actually commented that changeing pipes would NOT nessesarily void the warranty (so I went dual)... I don't recall the name if the legislation.. but I believe it reads that you can't be denied warranty work unless the modification you did DIRECTLY caused the damage.

Old 12-30-2006, 11:47 PM
Toyman
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

When Itook a demo on the local HD dealer's 07 Ultra I couldn't believe my eyes. They had modified the bike with aftermarket dual pipes and remapped it for a better tune to help sell this bike.With this in mindI'd be hard pressed to believe this Stealership would give you any warranty flak.

I opted for an 06 and have the duals. Sounds great!

Old 12-31-2006, 12:18 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts

asked same question and they were a little shakey, the response was like this,,and dont quote me,,"little mod=little issue w/warr", what thefug? and added " you sighned paper you would not F with exhaust" then I said lets be real,almost everyone does mods and they said" yes we really are just trying to cover are butts" and on to say"we have to SAY it like that till we see if/and any problems"so as time goes on I will think more and more about mods but for now good with stock ecm/pipes/ac. by the way got 7yr warr

Old 12-31-2006, 12:26 AM
Custom07RKC
Outstanding HDF Member

voodoo......If your dealer was a little shaky or seemed a little shady answering your question got to another dealer and get their input. My dealer told me that they back anything that they install and will warranty the nonHD part for the manufactures warranty and will warranty the everything HD under HDs warranty. They said that even if the aftermarket part seemed to cause damage to any HD part they will warranty the HD part. As long as they installed everything that is. So I believe it is dealer specific.

Old 12-31-2006, 12:30 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

come to think of it,,,,, when I test rode a 07 street glide back in Aug,,, it had pipes, and ran like a raped ape...
, if this is common around the country,,,, HD def'y knew somethin was up!!!hmmmmmm???

(in response to toymans post )

Old 12-31-2006, 01:34 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

duels rock

Old 12-31-2006, 02:37 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts

maybe I overstated, lets just say they did not jump up and say mods would be great!
lancaster hd is close to my house/work and they have come a long way,,,from what ive heard. but you are right i can go to several others in area. really like true duel look and sound. if i did it I wouldthinkabout rheinhardt, cams and air. like the quite for now and just got bike in october.

[IMG]local://upfiles/18734/42DC3427FCA14F10955D010E65BE55B6.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: To Dual or not to Dual!!