Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats the best tuner for a 2012 streetglide Help!!!!!!!!

Old 05-07-2012, 07:28 AM
96roadking
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I opted for the powervision for my 2012 Road King because you don't have to "piggyback" the ECM and yet you can make changes anytime by doing data logging etc. I bought it from Fuel Moto because of their reputation and the map that Jamie provided is running great! Very simple installation.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:43 AM
scj
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 75 Posts

I'd buy a flash type tuner.
The Power vision and TTS both have auto-tune features.
I've never used the Power Vision but the TTS has free updates and a multitude of downloads available to help get you started and are easily changed when you make upgrades.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:02 PM
trainedkilla
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have only used Power Commanders on my Sport Bikes and they have been awesome. I will stick with them.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:55 PM
jlb0038
Road Captain

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by gfourn64
thanks , the auto tune is something i am wondering about , i e the cobra protuner just curious how good they work , vs putting bike on dyno and predetermined maps
I am using the Cobra Powr Pro and love it. The bike runs cooler and is strong throughout the rpm range. I currently am in the process of changing cams in my 12 Electra Glide, so I'm interested in how it will handle that.
I've run the PCIII, PCV w/auto-tune on my last bike and TFI (Dobeck) and Cobra on this bike. All three were good products, but my favorite is the Cobra. If it handles the cam change like advertised it will be staying on the bike. It is a piggy back, so I keep the TFI in my touring pack just in case the Cobra should ever fail. Hope this helps.

J.B.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:15 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a 2012 Street Glide and use the Power Vision. I like it. I like the fact of logging rides and being able to change the values on multiple tables.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:21 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 266 Likes on 171 Posts

In past threads one of the key questions usually asked is "what motor mods do you think you might be making"? The answer to that question might help you determine which tuner could be the best for you. Even though you might say now perhaps just pipes and ac, I think at a minimum I'd plan also for a cam.

I have a Screaming Eagle Super Tuner (SEST) and it has been outstanding for 26k miles and almost 4 years but all I have ever changed is exhaust and ac. I mentioned the cam thing to you because I see a cam in my future.

Last edited by Xcrossbow; 05-13-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:57 PM
joflewbyu2
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Odd? Cobra does not recommend their tuner for Police bikes that come with the 103.
Originally Posted by jlb0038
I am using the Cobra Powr Pro and love it. The bike runs cooler and is strong throughout the rpm range. I currently am in the process of changing cams in my 12 Electra Glide, so I'm interested in how it will handle that.
I've run the PCIII, PCV w/auto-tune on my last bike and TFI (Dobeck) and Cobra on this bike. All three were good products, but my favorite is the Cobra. If it handles the cam change like advertised it will be staying on the bike. It is a piggy back, so I keep the TFI in my touring pack just in case the Cobra should ever fail. Hope this helps.

J.B.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:09 PM
yellowted
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

whichever one you get just stick with it. i am still waiting for the urge for the next mod on the new bike to buy another tts, but i have enjoyed the tts on my fxdse over the V&h fuel pack which was on my bike originally. the fun with the tts isn't for everyone but i did enjoy having my wife on the back to add a "load" for more cells to hit for a good map.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:12 PM
flhtupser
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your going to stay at stage one you may consider xied's. I have them onmy '09ultra and am very happy. Put them on and ride. And at just over $100.00 they work great. Check out Nightrider.com.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:15 PM
trnewman
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A question about the power vision....since you do not run with it on the bike, can you use it to tune more than one bike?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: whats the best tuner for a 2012 streetglide Help!!!!!!!!