Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many are really happy w/ Ohlins shocks for the money spent?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 06:48 AM
Softy 103
Banned
Received 259 Likes on 168 Posts

Some people shouldn't be allowed to reproduce. Love my Ohlins.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:18 AM
hdsuspension.com
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did the shocks dump the air out? Did you have an air leak and the back end went soft? What part did the shocks play to have you say - they caused the crash? Please explain

Old 05-08-2012, 07:27 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Let me be the first to call BS! We are not getting the whole story here and I have a really hard time believing the shocks caused your crash. Bashing Ohlins shocks here on this site without ANY substantiating evidence is way out of line.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:46 AM
hdsuspension.com
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree - this is way out of line - but lets find out what brought on this conclusion. The person must believe this to be true - so perhaps asking a few more questions will reveal how they can claim to make such a broad statement.

Originally Posted by smokindave
Let me be the first to call BS! We are not getting the whole story here and I have a really hard time believing the shocks caused your crash. Bashing Ohlins shocks here on this site without ANY substantiating evidence is way out of line.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:52 AM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by hdsuspension.com
Did the shocks dump the air out? Did you have an air leak and the back end went soft? What part did the shocks play to have you say - they caused the crash? Please explain

No I did not mean to imply that the shocks went bad I have no problem with Ohlins shocks when set up properly...I carry alot of weight with all the leathers rain gear and when I went out for a ride I had just got done cleaning the bike out and detailing it (about 35+lbs) not even thinking about pre-load and rebound, so when I say it felt funny in the ***-end it was IMO because the bike was not set up for the lesser weight and I also had the shocks set up for the extra weight of my wife. So rider error yes I will agree that I did not take the time to change the setting...which was my point. It is not as easy to do as the HD air ride. So I may not invest in them again.

So to sum up a thought...If your not willing to make adjustments and understand your adjustments. HD maybe your preference.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:57 AM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by hdsuspension.com

Ohlins are not air shocks.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:01 AM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by smokindave
I don't mind you calling BS... Bashing Ohlins was not my intent or Howard please by all means buy the shocks...People should know they are not Plug and Play

Old 05-08-2012, 08:25 AM
jfarrar30
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I been on the fence of getting a set of ohlins for my SG. There are much better shock manufacturers out there that I wish made harley suspension. In 20 yrs of racing atv motorcross ohlins were by far my least favorite suspension wich makes me skeptical to try them on the hog

Old 05-08-2012, 08:37 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by jfarrar30
I been on the fence of getting a set of ohlins for my SG. There are much better shock manufacturers out there that I wish made harley suspension. In 20 yrs of racing atv motorcross ohlins were by far my least favorite suspension wich makes me skeptical to try them on the hog
OK, stop playing with us! What brands of shocks would you like to see on Harleys that are not available at present?

Old 05-08-2012, 08:38 AM
SDVmnt
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I 100000% recommend the shocks if anyone is on a SG. The shorter shocks are horrible. The airborne feeling over humps, *** literally leaving the seat, and the spine jarring feeling on holes is completely gone now. I'm still in awe with how amazing the ride is with them.

I will say if you switch up lots of weight to stripped down solo I'd definitely save up and get the #3's. I think they're a bit easier/quicker to adjust.

Quick Reply: How many are really happy w/ Ohlins shocks for the money spent?