Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running the Fullsac kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 08:20 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I have the Full Sac true duals set up to include their 2" baffle cores. I also have the FIRST 24" Heat shield from Harley Goodies! The quality of the HG head pipe heat shield is impeccable! Check my sig pic for a pic!

Old 05-15-2012, 10:17 PM
vangasman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got the full sac and the harley goodies heat shield. Works great and I like the way it follows the frame instead of that dip up at the back like a lot of them do.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:43 PM
PKS98S
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

DrPlastic & vangasman thanks for the info on the 24" heat shield (which by-the-way DrPlastic looks great on your ride). Sent an email to HarleyGoodies and Tom already responded and has one on the way to me. I had gone to a swap meet and picked up another of the longer stock heat shields ($5.00) and carefully cut off the tapered ends but there was still that seam in the center where the 2 pieces met which I just don't care for (sig pic is prior to this and also now have V&H Fishtail II slip ons). This will definately solve this and clean things up. I've dealt with HarleyGoodies in the past and they are a great company to deal with!!!

Old 05-16-2012, 03:15 PM
north texas harley
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i installed on my 08 road king this morning took about 2.5 hours. easy to do and it fits great. i also orderd the heat shield form harley goodies. As of now he only has a couple left. so if you want a new heat shield order now.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:34 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by north texas harley
i installed on my 08 road king this morning took about 2.5 hours. easy to do and it fits great. i also orderd the heat shield form harley goodies. As of now he only has a couple left. so if you want a new heat shield order now.
sent e mail yesterday but have not heard from him yet , maybe they are gone for now

Old 05-17-2012, 09:12 PM
riden2low
Tourer

talked to them today and he has some coming next Thursday. Just give him an email and he will get back to ya when the stock comes in.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:42 PM
rapidroy5858
Stage II
Default Fullsac questions

Last night the "y" pipe on my 05 RK cracked... it is the pipe on rear head going down towards slip on.It cracked right before where it bolts to the rear head.I have been reading about the fullsac system , my question is will I still need to replace the pipe on my exh that cracked AND add the fullsac kit ...or does the fullsac kit actually replace the pipes at the heads?
I have no experience on the RK exhaust set up and just glanced at it last night when I rode in from work so not exactly sure on what I'll need.
I do like the price of the Fullsac kit and seems like everyones happy with the sound improvement and heat reduction.
Thanks in advance for any help...Royboy

Old 05-20-2012, 04:14 PM
riden2low
Tourer

Look at the kit. The small pipe will replace the rear head pipe. Then you take the cross over pipe off and put their straight pipe on for the front head exhaust where you had taken the cross over pipe off. Very easy to do. Check ebay too. They put their exhaust up for bids and I got mine from them on Ebay and saved 15 bucks. Its a cheap way to have duels. I have had mine for about 6 months and havent had a problem with them.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:25 PM
rapidroy5858
Stage II

Thanks for the reply ridin I have been looking into it and found just what you said so I am all good even with my rear head pipe junk.Gonna get it ordered right now, maybe no more cracked pipe issues after this.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:45 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 1st 96 ultra
have them on my 07 Ultra and no problems , don't care for the chrome shield on the right side , still looking for a shield I like but would do it again ,would be nice if they offered a one piece shield to install on the right side, bike runs and sounds great
My thoughts exactly... I like the lower price option, and the true dual sound. But don't quite have full chrome shields for right side pipes. Still lookin'......

Quick Reply: Anyone running the Fullsac kit?