Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stage 1 download ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 10:32 AM
CHILLLS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XARAN
Stop throwing $ out the window. HD Downloads are $ 100-150 a pop, you can get into a PC V for the $ 300 range or a Power Vision for $ 400 range from Fuel Moto and do this your self in a matter of minutes . As it has already been said the HD Download is better than nothing but still only keeps you in the EPA compliant lean parameters. If you want to cool it off, improve performance you need to get a tuner.

TTS, SE, PC, Power Vision any of these will help. Even the fuel only tuners like Fuel Pak, DFO, Cobra are an improvement.

Your comments "Stealer" are interesting to me, if your not trusting of your dealer why continue to do business with them. If you think they are a Stealer? I've never understood that. So many comments about "Stealer" and people continue to do business with them. I have 5 Dealers within 70 miles of my home, they all have OK service dept, some better rep than others , I only use them for warranty work and would schedule with whoever could get me taken care of first. The dealer closest to me gives me 20% off anything in parts and they are all very friendly and had the best price on my new bike so they have my business as long as they keep up the great service. If you think they stole your $ on something like a Stage 1 download maybe you need to be a more informed buyer/owner.
long story short.....the dealer is always expensive no matter what. the parts guy i deal with is always helpful everyone in the dealer is friendly but the guys in the service side just have rubbed me the wrong way. thats all.
no matter what dealer it is, FORD,GMC,PETERBILT,YAMAHA or HARLEY.
but i still go back to deal with them. mainly parts & service for warranty.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:50 PM
WestPalmBop
Cruiser

Originally Posted by XARAN
Your comments "Stealer" are interesting to me, if your not trusting of your dealer why continue to do business with them. If you think they are a Stealer? I've never understood that. So many comments about "Stealer" and people continue to do business with them. I have 5 Dealers within 70 miles of my home, they all have OK service dept, some better rep than others , I only use them for warranty work and would schedule with whoever could get me taken care of first. The dealer closest to me gives me 20% off anything in parts and they are all very friendly and had the best price on my new bike so they have my business as long as they keep up the great service. If you think they stole your $ on something like a Stage 1 download maybe you need to be a more informed buyer/owner.
I often wonder about why people make comments like that too. It's like they feel we would be better without the dealer/OEM. My local dealer is great to deal with. Their prices are fair, they treat me well when I go in, and they are my franchise Harley Dealer. There is nowhere else to buy actual OEM Harley Davidson parts than an actual franchised dealer so how can someone say they charge too much? Compared to what??

Old 05-27-2012, 05:46 PM
CHILLLS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by WestPalmBop
I often wonder about why people make comments like that too. It's like they feel we would be better without the dealer/OEM. My local dealer is great to deal with. Their prices are fair, they treat me well when I go in, and they are my franchise Harley Dealer. There is nowhere else to buy actual OEM Harley Davidson parts than an actual franchised dealer so how can someone say they charge too much? Compared to what??
i read stories all the time about guys getting parts or service for a reduced price than whats advertized, witch is great but my stealer wont budge a DOLLAR on anything. its like they think they are the only dealer in the world. but i go back. they do have a great rewards program though that iv taken advantage of. guess that offsets the high prices a little.