Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stage 1 download ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 11:56 PM
CHILLLS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stage 1 download ?

how would i check to make sure the stealer did it?
why you ask...well i just would like to make sure its been done. you all know the ol saying...if you want something done right you gotta do it your self.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:30 AM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't answer your question, other than possibly running your vin through the dealer's computer, but if it were me, a dealer download isn't good enough, it just brings you back to "factory lean", which I don't like. I'd rather have a fuel management system which will help you run optimally and cool it down some.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:12 AM
Drew
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rev limiter test.

Yours should now cut in at 6200 RPM.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:44 AM
PWFD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealer gave me a document on one of the bikes I had it done too. I don't know what I did with it but I remember th dealer told me is was something they could only print out at the time of the ECM Flash through the computer.

As others have said running your vin through the dealer service center would be the sure way to find out.

T

Old 05-21-2012, 07:50 AM
vtwinbob
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew
Rev limiter test.

+1 that's how i checked mine.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:29 AM
CHILLLS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
Can't answer your question, other than possibly running your vin through the dealer's computer, but if it were me, a dealer download isn't good enough, it just brings you back to "factory lean", which I don't like. I'd rather have a fuel management system which will help you run optimally and cool it down some.
yahhhhhh......thats what im getting at. it seems kinda hot this year already & its only may. the heat coming off the engine seems to be pretty hot too.

Originally Posted by Drew
Rev limiter test.

ohh yah dah.. mine does cut out at 6,200 rpms.

guess i need to plan on getting a fuel management system for her too. going to order the oil cooler for her next month so maybe ill switch the order in witch i do these mods & get one first.

thanks guys for your input. as much as we want to trust the stealership (service side) i just trust you guys more for the important stuff.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:40 AM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

I got the stage two flash for 255 cams on my bone stock 103 SG. VE cells are richer. Worked awesome with the stock cams. Of course my dealer knew my bike wouldnt be stock too long anyway .....lol... plus I stood there in the bay while the tech did the flash.....

Old 05-21-2012, 09:20 AM
CHILLLS
Road Captain

HMMMMMMmmmmmm.........wonder what the stealer could do for me now till i get a programer.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:58 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by CHILLLS
HMMMMMMmmmmmm.........wonder what the stealer could do for me now till i get a programer.
Stop throwing $ out the window. HD Downloads are $ 100-150 a pop, you can get into a PC V for the $ 300 range or a Power Vision for $ 400 range from Fuel Moto and do this your self in a matter of minutes . As it has already been said the HD Download is better than nothing but still only keeps you in the EPA compliant lean parameters. If you want to cool it off, improve performance you need to get a tuner.

TTS, SE, PC, Power Vision any of these will help. Even the fuel only tuners like Fuel Pak, DFO, Cobra are an improvement.

Your comments "Stealer" are interesting to me, if your not trusting of your dealer why continue to do business with them. If you think they are a Stealer? I've never understood that. So many comments about "Stealer" and people continue to do business with them. I have 5 Dealers within 70 miles of my home, they all have OK service dept, some better rep than others , I only use them for warranty work and would schedule with whoever could get me taken care of first. The dealer closest to me gives me 20% off anything in parts and they are all very friendly and had the best price on my new bike so they have my business as long as they keep up the great service. If you think they stole your $ on something like a Stage 1 download maybe you need to be a more informed buyer/owner.

Last edited by XARAN; 05-21-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:09 AM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stop throwing $ out the window. HD Downloads are $ 100-150 a pop, you can get into a PC V for the $ 300 range or a Power Vision for $ 400 range from Fuel Moto and do this your self in a matter of minutes .
ditto..............

Quick Reply: stage 1 download ?