Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley York PA tour

Old 05-16-2012, 09:36 PM
indigofarm
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley York PA tour

Question for the group

Getting ready for a bike trip to Maine baaa harbor

We are planning to stop at the York PA plant

There are 2 tours. The free tour which is 1 hour and the steel toe tour which is 35$ and 2 hours.

Has anyone taken the steel toe tour and is it worth the extre time and expense? We are leaning towards taking the steel toe tour but wanted to get some feedback. Any thoughts ?

Also any reccomendations for must see and must do's in Maine is appreciated. We will be in the area for Laconia so that is on our agenda

Thanks

Old 05-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Steel toe tour was well worth the money and you go into areas the free tour does not go into. But make sure and call, it is getting close to the model change and they stop doing tours then.

Originally Posted by indigofarm
Question for the group

There are 2 tours. The free tour which is 1 hour and the steel toe tour which is 35$ and 2 hours.

Has anyone taken the steel toe tour and is it worth the extre time and expense? We are leaning towards taking the steel toe tour but wanted to get some feedback. Any thoughts ?

Also any reccomendations for must see and must do's in Maine is appreciated. We will be in the area for Laconia so that is on our agenda

Thanks

Last edited by Airborne350G; 05-16-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:41 PM
jayray
Tourer

You see it all on the free tour. See the production line and take 1 1/2 hours out of your day. Make sure tours are happening the day you are planning on being there.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:46 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

I hear it's personal preference. The Steel Toe tour in Milwaukee is pretty cool, but I've never done the one in York.

But do go to the website or call before you plan to stop, the tours are definitely limited hours and availability.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:49 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Geez - when did they start charging?! Damn - they must be hard up.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:54 AM
mccstevie
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Loved Bar Harbor and cruising around Acadia. Make sure to see the view from Cadillac Mtn.There was also an antique car and motorcycle museum off the beaten path but well worth the trip,can't remember the name but you should be able to find a brochure anywhere in Acadia. Another highlight of our visit there was a flight over Acadia in a bi-wing plane. Nothing like seeing it from the air. Ask the locals about places to eat,found some dives with great,cheap food. Also try to see Mt. Washington in New Hampshire,great trip on the bike.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:23 AM
weidna
Intermediate

Made the mistake of not checking first and went while they were retooling for the new models... and everyone was on lunch break when we go there. So they basically explained everything that would be happening, while the machine operator read the paper and ate their sandwich. There was still a tour, it was just much shorter.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:37 AM
tcarille
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Indigo-go to the Atlantic Brewing co.in Bar Harbor and get yourselves some bbq and a brew.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:44 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

You can still take the "Free" tour and see less......

Originally Posted by davessworks
Geez - when did they start charging?! Damn - they must be hard up.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:47 AM
Nut08Ultra
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by indigofarm
Question for the group

Thanks
Wow.. that must be fairly new.. I'm in PA and last time I went I don't think there was any other option then the free tour. I wonder if they leave anything out on the free now that used to be seen? The free tour I went on was pretty decent and it covered most of the place. We didn't see the CVO stuff under claims of secrecy, and the new automated building wasn't running or something when I went so we didn't get to see that. I wonder if that is part of this paid thing? Curious to hear from people about the differences.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Harley York PA tour