Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there anyone even using a C & C Forward Solo Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 11:25 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Is there anyone even using a C & C Forward Solo Seat?

In my research of trying to decide weather to order a standard size C & C Solo Seat or a Forward Solo Seat I did not have one person comment on the Forward model. Now I would just like to hear from someone using that seat as to how far it moved them forward if any from their stock seat. Thank you.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:47 PM
PowerFactor
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had one on my last bike (Ultra). I loved it because although I am tall, all the height is in my torso. I have short stubby arms and legs apparently. That seat put me right where I wanted to be for the bars and foot controls. I tried a couple other aftermarket seats and they all moved me too far back.

To compare, the C&C close seat felt right about the same as the stock seat, just lower.

I've read a thousand threads about folks wanting to be further back, but rarely the other way. Glad to know I'm not the only one!

Hope this helps.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:40 AM
fathog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy C&C Solo

Originally Posted by C908
In my research of trying to decide weather to order a standard size C & C Solo Seat or a Forward Solo Seat I did not have one person comment on the Forward model. Now I would just like to hear from someone using that seat as to how far it moved them forward if any from their stock seat. Thank you.
Hello, I can't help comment after reading the above. I won a C&C close solo on ebay not knowing it was a close (the seller was a bit deceptive) and after all was said and done ebay forced him to accept a return. I'm 5'6 200lbs, I know, I'm a bit portly, anyway that close seat put me up against the tank on a 2011 Streetglide. I then won another C&C Solo in leather with gel pad and back rest $152.50 on ebay. That seat was good for about 150 miles. The seat put me back slightly and made me very comfy. It seemed to lower me just a little bit. I then sent that seat to Russell Day Long, with pictures of me on the bike including hight and weight. Russell sent back an 800 mile per day work of art. They rebuilt my back rest to match the rebuilt seat and it is absolute heaven. It does raise me about an 1 1/2" and I'm on my toes somewhat but it's so worth it for the long run. Since I use that seat for long trips I wanted a Stock C&C Solo for local riding. I watch ebay for a while but nothing so I bought a new C&C Solo, I mounted the seat with a little more effort pushing forward to clear the rear mounting stud and the first trip was very noisey, I could hear loud popping and squeaking from the seat. I could hear it at 60 mph. I took the bike home removed the seat, examined it it looked perfect. Tried it again same results, placed a hand towel under it no help. I contacted C&C, Wonderful group of guys, they said send it back. They rode it and of course had no problems. I advised them that I even moved the tank forward as much as possible, almost 1/4", and that helped slightly. It would still make loud creaking and squeaking noise when I shifted my weight. The loud popping noise was just about all gone. I think that particular seat was slightly out of the proper demensions because it seemed like it was not resting completely on the frame causing the popping and squeaking. At this time I'm waiting for C&C to decide what they are going to do. I asked them to see if then can adjust it or refund some of my money. I would like to provide pictures to anyone who maybe interest in the before and after pictures of the rebuild. Just a note I had 2 C&C Solos on the bike before the new one (I forgot to tell C&C about the close solo that made no noise). Both the close and standard made no noticeable noises nor did the seat that was rebuilt make any noises after the rebuild. I will let you know what C&C decides to do. I'm still learning how to get around this forum concerning pictures so again if you would like pictures please pm me.