Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Touring Seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,335 Likes on 3,273 Posts

Had a Mustang wide tour for 68000 miles...worked pretty good but just swapped it for a Sundowner 3000 miles ago and WOW!....The passenger part is smalle and the wife likes the back part on the Mustang better but i liek the Sundowner...i will keep both and swap as needed...

Old 07-09-2012, 06:49 PM
mikebaby
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My eyes will get tired before my *** does with my Corbin. I can't see myself riding a bike without it.

mikebaby

Old 07-09-2012, 07:42 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,268 Likes on 21,369 Posts

Ahhh yes the every other day what is the best touring seat thread.

Answer; go to your local dealer and try out a couple, specifically the
Sundowner and the Hammock seat as most dealers let you do this now.

Go from there, that will be a good place to start.

My vote is for the Sundowner.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Pog Mo Thoin
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the Sundowner and sold it. Got a Corbin and wouldn't ride anything else now. But it is all personal preference. The Corbin is a harder seat compared to the flexible HD seats but I find that the softer, more plush HD seats are terrible on a long ride.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:47 PM
ZenGlide
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Pog Mo Thoin
I had the Sundowner and sold it. Got a Corbin and wouldn't ride anything else now. But it is all personal preference. The Corbin is a harder seat compared to the flexible HD seats but I find that the softer, more plush HD seats are terrible on a long ride.
This has been my experience as well. It's not just the HD seats, but any soft cushy seat kills my back on a long ride. For me, firmer is better.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:33 AM
kfstreetglide
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ccagle75
I like the look of the Danny Gray 2up (not the long haul). If it's comfortable I'd buy it. Any thoughts?
I have a Airhawk Danny Gray weekday 2 up on my 07 streetglide and it is very comfortable.

Attached Thumbnails Best Touring Seat-seat.jpg  
Old 07-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Harley hammock seat.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:41 AM
kfstreetglide
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pog Mo Thoin
With the airhawk Danny Gray seats it is the best of both worlds, when you want a softer seat you let some air out, when you want a harder seat you put some air in it.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:28 PM
blacktopr
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry best seat ive had

I have been riding Harleys about 30 years .Ive had all sorts of seats I used to love Corbin seats but frankly I believe that the seats have turned to junk .My last good Corbin was on my 97 Roadking and it was great . All that being said I have a 2011 FLHTK (that I love ) Air Cleaner and better mufflers and a way we go .
THe stock seat (a hammock seat) is great ,comfortable ride all day everyday .
I wish I had had this on my Road glide That I just sold ( I didnt like the bike that much and I tried like hell to like it for three years , but I nevevr could get the wind issues resolved with it and that irritates me when I cant even keep sunglasses on

Old 07-12-2012, 05:13 PM
mtgriz
Road Warrior
Received 224 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by blacktopr
I have been riding Harleys about 30 years .Ive had all sorts of seats I used to love Corbin seats but frankly I believe that the seats have turned to junk .My last good Corbin was on my 97 Roadking and it was great . All that being said I have a 2011 FLHTK (that I love ) Air Cleaner and better mufflers and a way we go .
THe stock seat (a hammock seat) is great ,comfortable ride all day everyday .
I wish I had had this on my Road glide That I just sold ( I didnt like the bike that much and I tried like hell to like it for three years , but I nevevr could get the wind issues resolved with it and that irritates me when I cant even keep sunglasses on
The stock seat on a 2011 FLHTK is a hammock seat? My 2012 sure didn't come with one.

Quick Reply: Best Touring Seat