Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

low profile shocks and lowering block?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 10:29 PM
lnadler
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low profile shocks and lowering block?

I had rear lowering blocks installed on my 2006 cvo ultra and do NOT notice any difference in height. I am 5'9" and feel I need better footing when I come to a stop or ride 2-up. Does anyone know if I can also install lowering shocks with the lowering blocks- or is it better to remove the lowering blocks when installing the lowering shocks? I was going to get the harley factory low profile shocks, unless someone thinks other shocks are better. Do Bitchin bagger shocks really work? I was going to try a reduced reach seat first- but really want to lower the bike at least another inch. I appreciate your help.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:36 PM
CHILLLS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by lnadler
I had rear lowering blocks installed on my 2006 cvo ultra and do NOT notice any difference in height. I am 5'9" and feel I need better footing when I come to a stop or ride 2-up. Does anyone know if I can also install lowering shocks with the lowering blocks- or is it better to remove the lowering blocks when installing the lowering shocks? I was going to get the harley factory low profile shocks, unless someone thinks other shocks are better. Do Bitchin bagger shocks really work? I was going to try a reduced reach seat first- but really want to lower the bike at least another inch. I appreciate your help.
just make sure your rear tire doesnt hit anything inside the fender like wiring or a bolt & tear out some wires or pop a tire.
i just did the one inch & im happy with that, still have good ride too.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:55 PM
Jrod66002
Advanced

When running solo I run lowering blocks and street glide shocks on my 2001 EGS. Appx 3" lower than stock. I've had no issues. With the OL on at that height I'll get a slight rub on very rough bridge approaches. Rode 900mi last weekend loaded with luggage and 2up with the blocks set in the next hole up and SG shocks. No rubbing. I'm 5'11 with a 34 inseam and it's comfy even with the pillow seat. With the Badlander my seat hight seems every bit as low as my buddy's lowered dyna. Love it. Running that low is not for everyone. I've heard of tire failure and wiring issues from rubbing. To each their own.