Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 street glide turn signal/brake light options

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 09:16 PM
Str33tgl1de
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 street glide turn signal/brake light options

I recently got rid of my 07 street glide and i'm picking up my 2012 big blue pearl SG on Saturday. One thing i'm not too fond of is the fact that they got rid of the tail light on the newer bikes. What have you guys done or seen done to dress up that now plain rear fender?

Old 04-26-2012, 09:25 PM
PhoneGuy-MI
Tourer

One thing that I did right away was installed one of the "tri-bar" HD rear lights.

HD 2012 SG Rear Light MOD

I like it because it adds more light to the rear of the bike and it can't hurt to have more lighting and it also makes more sense to have a brake light and running light. Wish I had a picture or video to show you.

Congratulations on the new ride - I like your choice.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Bo Joe
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They also have this:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

But be very careful with it. It's really cheap. I purchased one and returned it because it pretty much fell a part in my hands as I took it out of the package. It look like Harley had tried to fix it once already.

After that, I decided to pass on it. I like the tri bar on the bottom of the rear fender. I'll be doing that upgrade as soon as I get enough money.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:57 PM
sawbones25
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed the tri-bar brake light today. I was tempted to pull the lens off and put some aluminum foil inside to make it brighter. But I was worried about cracking something. But even as it is, it's an improvement. I understand Harley leaves stuff like this off so they can sell it to you for more money. That's fine for upgraded stereos and gauges, but it seems to me they could go ahead and make the tri-bar brake light standard for safety reasons...

I'm also researching LED bulbs for the stock housings and Plasma Rods to run as additional brake lights only. Maybe even a modulator to make them a little more visible.

Last edited by sawbones25; 04-26-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:50 PM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior

I bought a set of plasma rods from.Custom.Dynamics and.incorpd a run brake stop set .up and wow it really jumps off

Old 04-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Depdog
Tourer

I have a Vivid Black 2012 SG

Put the Plasma Rods on it via the instructions on one of the threads in this forum. Wired it up brake lights only. Gonna add the Custom Dynamics LED rear and front lights and one of their brake light modulators.

I have some other ideas, but researching to see if I can find something to fit what I have pictured in my head.

Congrats on the new bike!

Glenn

Old 04-27-2012, 01:51 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Reading the original post, it looks like he is more wanting something to fill the void created by not having the traditional tail light back there. Not so much from the lighting standpoint, but from asthetics. Someone listed the HD add on light that goes on top of the turn signal bar. That is the only thing I have seen.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:53 AM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a 2010, so I had the same issues, I bought the middle light from Kury, HD didn't have one at that time. I also went all LED, Custom Dynamics in the Rear, Chrome Glow, and now Holeshot Chopper in the front.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:54 AM
jaycanter
Intermediate

I replaced all the lights on my 2012 sg with the custom dynamics clusters front and rear. I had to run 1 more wire from the tri light to the turn signals to split the signal but well worth it. and also upgraded the tri light to the hd but since found 1 on ebay that has amber blinkers in it. havn't tried it though

Old 04-27-2012, 08:46 AM
Depdog
Tourer

I called Custom Dynamics about the rear Dynamic Clusters (think thats right) girl told me something about having to run more wires. So it was just one wire to make the yellow on the blinkers work? Did you have to splice it in, or were you able to crimp on an end and just add it to the factory plug.

Really interested in any info on this as I was thinking of doing this myself.

Thanks
Glenn

Quick Reply: 2012 street glide turn signal/brake light options