Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Hammock Seat Review...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 04:11 PM
14 FLHX
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As hammy says: you have 2 choices when it comes to seats comfort or looks...

Ill take COMFORT......

Old 01-19-2014, 04:19 PM
PeteF
Road Captain
Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Does anyone know if the Hammock seat will work with the backrest?

Old 01-19-2014, 04:24 PM
14 FLHX
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im guessing your asking about the driver, since you can see the passenger backrest on my photos.

There is a slot in the seat for a driver backrest...

Old 01-19-2014, 04:45 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

If anyone has installed the Hammock on a 14 Limited I would love to see that review. The stock seat is pretty good IMHO, wondering if the hammock would actually be a worthwhile upgrade.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:18 PM
jbkrab
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You all are missing the most important feature of all and in my opinion the regular Hammock Seat is nothing without that HEAT option!!!! Heated Hammock Seat. The best $900 I ever spent! Thanks to a misunderstanding conversation with my wife at the time I bought the bike! Gotta love the better half!

Old 01-19-2014, 05:36 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Love my Hammock. Have a tender lower back and used to take Tylenol on longer trips.

No longer to take the pills and G/F says she can ride all day on the back.

I also use a riders backrest. Now I can concentrate on the scenery instead of needing to be eagle eye on the road, looking for pot holes, bumps or railroad crossings.

Seat looks great when I put on tour pack. By itself it looks a bit puffy, but it makes all the difference in the world when taking longer trips.

It becomes worth its weight in gold when you get one of those jarring jolts that run up you spine, and you feel it for the next 50 miles.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Stone1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the heated version on a TriGlide. The heat is great for both the wife and I.

Attached Thumbnails Harley Hammock Seat Review...-img_1612.jpg   Harley Hammock Seat Review...-img_1616.jpg  
Old 01-19-2014, 07:08 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Me and a group took a 400 mile ride yesterday in high 20 low 30 deg temps. One of our riders and his wife were on his night rod special and made it about 100 miles before his wife had to get off and rode on the back of mine with the heated version. Tue there going to look at touring bikes and his wife said a heated hammock is the only requirement for him to get on the bike. Hammocks are great, heated hammocks are the best I've ever owned. Also there have been a thread or two with a 2014 bike and hammock if you do a search. Not a lot of bad reviews from the hammock owners, just a few from the riders who tried them and decided not to buy. I have a feeling the price deters most?

Old 01-19-2014, 07:33 PM
BugBYter
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a hammock seat. It's back in the box. (no, not for sale)

A few people noted it raises you up an inch. But it also moves you back an inch. I had to move the driver backrest bracket back one hole to fit the seat.

I put about 700 miles on it trying to get used to it. The night before a trip to the mountains, I swapped it back for the stock seat. The stock seat is still on it.

I just never was 100% comfortable on it. I think changing the bars would help. I need a little more pullback.

The seat cushion was comfortable and I could definitely tell a difference, but then again I can do 15 hours on the stock seat and still ride the next day.

Old 01-19-2014, 07:49 PM
gregmay
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I put a hammock on my road king, you can ride all day just stopping for gas and grub.
My wife would start wiggling after about 75 miles and now goes 500 without a complaint. And the bumps that bottom the rear suspension don't hurt anymore.
I think it may be the best upgrade yet.

Quick Reply: Harley Hammock Seat Review...