Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Road Zeppelin Seat Pad

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default HD Road Zeppelin Seat Pad

Hi

Just saw this, anyone tested it yet?

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 09-07-2012, 07:50 AM
OIF SuperGlide
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been wondering the same thing. I have a 09' NT with the stock seat. I'm wondering if this will help my Ace on those longer trips....

Originally Posted by Johan96
Hi

Old 09-07-2012, 08:31 AM
Johnny K
Cruiser

None at our dealer - they said not to expect 'em for a while. I couldn't wait, so I bought an Airhawk R. Great warranty, slightly pricier, no little hand pump. Now we'll see if it helps...

Old 09-07-2012, 12:36 PM
OIF SuperGlide
Tourer

I've been eyeing one of those up as well. I need something. My Ace can only take around 70 miles before it starts to make my legs numb.

Side Note: This forum has posts from Johan, John K, and Johnny K.....weird world.

Originally Posted by Johnny K
None at our dealer - they said not to expect 'em for a while. I couldn't wait, so I bought an Airhawk R. Great warranty, slightly pricier, no little hand pump. Now we'll see if it helps...

Old 09-07-2012, 03:11 PM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Johan96
Hi

Might be worth a try, looks like it would set you up at least 1" higher though - if that's an issue.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:42 PM
J_ULTRA
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default HD Road Zeppelin Seat Pad

Same concept as the "Airhawk" brand of seat pads.(wouldn't surprise me if airhawk is making these for Harley) Airhawk has 2 separate series of seat pads. One has the air compartments made from neoprene and the less expensive series is made from a lighter duty polyurethane. My heritage springer's seat was too soft and after a couple of hours my tailbone would start complaining. I bought the airhawk (ebay) and used it on a 900mi 3day trip and had no butt discomfort. The trick with these seat pads is to use the minimium amount of air to achieve your comfort level. In my case the seat pad raises me up about a 1/2". To look at it it looks like there is no air in it at all. Also, with the mesh sides there is air circulation to prevent your butt from sweating. Having said all that I'm still considering getting a "Harley Hammock" for the Ultra.

http://www.airhawkseatcushions.net/c...-cushions.aspx

Old 09-10-2012, 06:24 AM
OIF SuperGlide
Tourer

I think I'm going to pick one of these up this winter. It'll be mighty useful to me and my brawler seat on those long rides.

Originally Posted by J_ULTRA
Same concept as the "Airhawk" brand of seat pads.(wouldn't surprise me if airhawk is making these for Harley) Airhawk has 2 separate series of seat pads. One has the air compartments made from neoprene and the less expensive series is made from a lighter duty polyurethane. My heritage springer's seat was too soft and after a couple of hours my tailbone would start complaining. I bought the airhawk (ebay) and used it on a 900mi 3day trip and had no butt discomfort. The trick with these seat pads is to use the minimium amount of air to achieve your comfort level. In my case the seat pad raises me up about a 1/2". To look at it it looks like there is no air in it at all. Also, with the mesh sides there is air circulation to prevent your butt from sweating. Having said all that I'm still considering getting a "Harley Hammock" for the Ultra.

http://www.airhawkseatcushions.net/c...-cushions.aspx

Old 09-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member

Still no one?

Old 11-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member

To the top :-)

Old 11-04-2012, 04:04 PM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 540 Likes on 395 Posts

I sat on 1 at a dealer last week. It did raise you up maybe 1/2". The pump and release functions were on the left side and seemed like it could be done easily sitting at a light. I liked the way you can adjust it to fit your checks. Cheaper than a new seat. I finally found a seat that works for me. So it's not needed but... May have to get 1 for the GF.

Quick Reply: HD Road Zeppelin Seat Pad