Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing Ultra Tour Pak speakers on Electra Glide Classic

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 04:17 PM
alain173
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Ultra Tour Pak speakers on Electra Glide Classic

Hello Everyone!

New here. I have a 98 Electra Glide Classic in which I bought a stereo and Tour Pak speakers off a crashed 01 Ultra. I installed the stereo on my bike with no problems, but can't figure out how to wire the tour pak speakers. Looks like there must be a harness or something that I would need to attach from the rear speakers to the bike...Any help? Thank you in advance.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:26 PM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First of all welcome to the forum. It's called a none ultra overlay harness, maybe some others will chime in to give more information

Old 09-12-2012, 11:58 AM
alain173
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Captain,
The non ultra overlay harness seems to be for 06 and newer? Do you think that would work on my '98? and where do I hook up the harness to? Thanks again

Old 09-12-2012, 03:11 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts

Have you found the harnes? It is coiled up under the seat next to the battery compartment,At least thats were i found mine.It should be in that general area but you cant always see it right away you might have to look in the small cubby holes.It will be a coiled up, so slowly unwrap it and run it along the frame with plastic wire tyes.I needed mine for the lights on the tour pac.I have an 04 FLHT (Standard).Not sure if the speaker lines are there but the light harnes was.
Try a Wire Harness search here on the forum and you should find more info....
Good Luck Neighbor...
Tim.....

Old 09-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by alain173
Hello Everyone!

New here. I have a 98 Electra Glide Classic in which I bought a stereo and Tour Pak speakers off a crashed 01 Ultra. I installed the stereo on my bike with no problems, but can't figure out how to wire the tour pak speakers. Looks like there must be a harness or something that I would need to attach from the rear speakers to the bike...Any help? Thank you in advance.
Rear speakers from the stock Harley radio are only on the Ultra model Electra Glide or Tour Glide models. If you want rear speakers using a stock Non-Ultra radio, you must install an amp that has a 4 speaker output. Or you can split the front speaker outputs. But this will make the sound level much lower.

If you do find an Ultra radio, (Made by Radio Sound) you can then find an Ultra overlay harness for any year from 1998 to 2005. This will have the radio speakers, intercom, cruise control connections. You will find this can be done using eBay.

Some have said that they have taken the Harman/Kardon radio (2006-Present) and installed them in their 1998-2005 model to replace their Radio Sound radio. The H/K radio has the rear speaker outputs installed in them. Do a search or you can contact Iron Cross Audio. They can help you, if you want to try that route.