Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auxiliary Brake Light / Running Light / Turn Signal Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 03:06 PM
usraptor
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have them on both my '00 Heritage and '13 RGU in addition to the Bright *** LED adjustable taillight. In my opinion you can't have enough lights on your bike to get the attention of the idiot, asleep at the wheel, texting, head up ***, cage drivers out there. A few years ago I was stopped at a traffic light next to a leather-ed up crotch rocket rider. Major highway, big intersection, mid phase red light and this idiot driver came up next to us and rear-ended him like he wasn't even there. Shot his bike right out from under him. He bounced off her hood and then onto the ground. Fortunately, he wasn't hurt; at least he didn't have any visible injuries. He jumped up and started stomping around. He was madder than hell. Couldn't blame him.

Funny sidelight to this story is that his crotch rocket shot across the I/S, and continued on down the road for approximately 1/4 mile before slowly coming to a stop and falling over. I mean it wasn't really funny, but it was, if you know what I mean, to see this rider less bike going down the highway all by itself for such a long distance.

Old 04-04-2015, 03:20 PM
GregGillette
Road Master
Received 247 Likes on 174 Posts

I did the same conversion but also moved a wire in the fender tip light so that it is no longer a running light but an additional brake light. Now instead of one tail light coming on when breaking, all come on