Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Dual Exhaust for 2011 Road Glide Custom

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 02:24 PM
2BTRU
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Dual Exhaust for 2011 Road Glide Custom

I am looking at changing from original stock dual exhaust pipes and need suggestions. I want to keep the dual look but looking for more deeper sound and have looked at Vance and Hines, Bassanti and Samson brands. Are there drawbacks to true duals instead of two in one? Any suggestions?
Thank you,
2BTRU

Old 09-25-2012, 02:30 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

LOL! I love these kind of threads!

Old 09-25-2012, 03:32 PM
lowlifefalcon
Cruiser

email MGS customs, they have a killer deal going on some slightly blemed true duals.

Originally Posted by 2BTRU
I am looking at changing from original stock dual exhaust pipes and need suggestions. I want to keep the dual look but looking for more deeper sound and have looked at Vance and Hines, Bassanti and Samson brands. Are there drawbacks to true duals instead of two in one? Any suggestions?
Thank you,
2BTRU

Old 09-25-2012, 03:58 PM
ernster500
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check out Cobra Power Port Duals. It's a TD head pipe with a "power port" that runs between the two pipes designed to equalize the sound pulses. Combined with my CFRs, the exhaust sounds amazing. Any slip-on will work, including Cobra's, but, just thought I'd throw them in the mix...

You can hear sound clips using the link in my sig...

Good luck!

E

Old 09-25-2012, 04:04 PM
WanaRyd Wheels
Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 57 Posts

Let us know when you are looking around for pricing, we get great deals on all three brands you are referencing below. Shoot me a PM if you are looking for more information, but I believe you need 5 posts to accept/send personal messages - welcome from WanaRyd!

Thank you,
2BTRU

WanaRyd Motorcycle
1-888-926-2793

Old 09-25-2012, 04:50 PM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you,
2BTRU
I'll start up the popcorn issue (and this applies to street machines, not dragsters or Bonneville, etc.):

True duals sound best to a lot of folks but they don't really offer a major power (torque) improvement beyond better exhaust flow.

Duals with a crossover (or connection between the two pipes) can often make a bit more improvement to power (torque) due to improved scavenging effect. They aren't "true" duals but spent gasses are better timed and somewhat controlled to let one pipe help "suck" exhaust out of the other and they sound damn near the same as true duals do.

2 into 1 most often offers the best power (torque) improvement because exhaust gasses are even more well controlled and scavenging is damn good. However, you have to like the related sound too so...

All will reduce heat (no CAT converter).

Old 09-25-2012, 04:57 PM
lumper
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only drawback I heard of is you lose a little low end torque as compared to a 2:1 system or duals with a crossover that helps pull air from the other cylinder.
I like the look of duals, and had Reinhardt's on my 04 FLHRSI, I am going to probably go with black ones this time but same pipes.
I love the tone of them and they are quality, not to concerned with the small lack in torque although if you load your bike and have a passenger and are going to a stage 2 say for more power then you might want to squeeze every last drop out for low end torque you might want to consider 2:1 or duals.
Anyway I like the duals.

Lump

Old 09-25-2012, 06:39 PM
mech-a-nic
Tourer

Love my Rineharts Extreams

Old 09-25-2012, 06:49 PM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor
Default MGS True Duals

Originally Posted by lumper
The only drawback I heard of is you lose a little low end torque as compared to a 2:1 system or duals with a crossover that helps pull air from the other cylinder.
I like the look of duals, and had Reinhardt's on my 04 FLHRSI, I am going to probably go with black ones this time but same pipes.
I love the tone of them and they are quality, not to concerned with the small lack in torque although if you load your bike and have a passenger and are going to a stage 2 say for more power then you might want to squeeze every last drop out for low end torque you might want to consider 2:1 or duals.
Anyway I like the duals.

Lump
Check out the mgs true duals. No loss in low end torque, in fact you get more! Adds 12+ ft lbs of torque over stock.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:48 AM
tazman509
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in the same boat as you a few months ago. I am glad I chose the MGS True Duals. Go to their website and check out the dyno results. You will not be disappointed with the sound either. A high quality exhaust system.