Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Building a new house and need some "garage" ideas

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 05:00 PM
gpp
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

By all means,heat and air.i would keep it separate from house.when you get older you will be glad you did.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:24 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,474 Likes on 2,476 Posts

Lotta naked chic pics & some Dave Mann posters.

Best thing I put in my garage.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Simonizer
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, what a great position to be in. love the urinal idea, heated floors, air compressor in the next room, fridge, floor drain & sink, if lots of budget a shower, lots if outlets 4 feet from floor,HD dart board, speakers in the ceiling, anyway it's always easy to spend other peoples money however good for you congrats & good luck.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:38 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sink, insulation and ducted A/C

Old 10-17-2012, 06:14 PM
kjc
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's a few shots of my setup.40x28 2 bay garage with side workshop and a 18x14 rear addition for the bike storage room.The lift sits flush with the floor with the air hose routed under the bench to the compressor.Water,heat and a drain are great to have.

Attached Thumbnails Building a new house and need some "garage" ideas-img_0252-800x600-.jpg   Building a new house and need some "garage" ideas-new-acadie-grouille-and-bike-room-025.jpg  
Old 10-17-2012, 09:55 PM
brandss
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys. Thanks for all of the replies. As usual with this forum, I've learned a lot. I really hope to incorporate as many of these ideas as possible. Unfortunately, I only have one side load bay for the two bikes (for those that said build it bigger) but I will put the compressor in the other bays where the cars are. I am also going to budget money for a good strong storage system. I've always cheapened out in the past buy building my own but never looked good. Plenty of good lighting, plenty of outlets, in floor lift.....holy crap, time to get the calculator out.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:56 PM
wrenchguy24
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

heres mine!!!

Attached Thumbnails Building a new house and need some "garage" ideas-286.jpg   Building a new house and need some "garage" ideas-287.jpg  
Old 10-17-2012, 10:25 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I used to live in Houston and had a nice 3 car garage. It was detached and the maximum size allowed by the HOA. One double OH door and one single in front, the garage was extra tall and the OH doors had one extra panel. It had a single OH door on the rear with a pad in the back yard. Electric openers on all three OH doors, also had one man door on the side and two windows. The floor was completely flat. Storage space on the attic. It had it's own breaker box with extra outlets, and 220, Cable TV, a phone line, hot & cold water and sewer and was wired to the security system. I really miss that garage, I now have a slightly oversized two car attached garage.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Shortmag
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rh8234
All the suggestions about a urinal mad me chuckle. When I was a kid, my dad's garage had a urinal that took no space at all. He attached a funnel to a hose, drilled a hole through the wall and ran the hose through the hole into the yard. Urinal at no cost since he used an old funnel he had laying around and a piece of garden hose that had been decommissioned due to an incident with the lawn mower.
Had the same one in my old shop

Old 10-17-2012, 11:24 PM
dmohr43
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great ideas all, let me add that my Dad's last garage had the edges of the floor where it meets the wall made like the pool. Curved and sealed. Just like a pool, great for washing the cars and bike inside and not having to worry about water runoff. And you can never have enough lights and outlets. Good luck. Pictures when it's done!

Quick Reply: Building a new house and need some "garage" ideas