Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock 2 into 1 catless horsepower

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 10:55 AM
gsxrboy96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default stock 2 into 1 catless horsepower

Just curious if anyone is making decent horsepower with a stock style 2 into 1 with no cat, putting a 103 inch kit together and the guy insist on running the 2 into 1 off his street glide, also, does anyone know what type of thread the 2010 and up oxygen sensors have, I need to block them off. Thanks chad

Old 10-24-2012, 11:13 AM
rockajet1
Tourer
Default Decatted dyno run

If you search around on this Forum, you can find a Fuel Moto post where they dyno'd a stock 103 w/ decatted stock header w/ their slip ons and air filter vs. their 2-1-2 header w/ the same slip ons and airfilter. Gained about 2 hp (~87 vs. 85) and 3 ft. lbs. of torque(~94 vs. 97). Both curves were almost identical. Don't know about you, but I don't think I can feel that difference in the saddle. Unless and until I change cams, I'm going with a decatted stock header. My 2 cents-no charge!

Old 10-24-2012, 08:19 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

A gutted stock head pipe makes almost as much power as the aftermarket head pipes. I read an article on one of the tuner sites and it said that the diameter and length of the stock HD head pipe is near optimal.

Bill

Old 10-24-2012, 10:11 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

If the cat is removed and a tuner or VIED is installed, the bike runs much cooler and stronger, and the stock exhaust sounds much better.

Really a significant difference, for not much money.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:23 PM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Only 2-3 hp gain is what I've seen as well. The o2 sensor plug size is 12mm.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/o2...art/BC-40-0296

Last edited by drukanfu; 10-24-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:34 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by gsxrboy96
Just curious if anyone is making decent horsepower with a stock style 2 into 1 with no cat, putting a 103 inch kit together and the guy insist on running the 2 into 1 off his street glide, also, does anyone know what type of thread the 2010 and up oxygen sensors have, I need to block them off. Thanks chad

A stock "style", or an actual OEM 2:1 from a 2010 SG/RG. I'm making decent power with the OEM 2:1 on my 88", but I wouldn't use it on a 103".

Old 10-28-2012, 06:07 AM
Mark5
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just gut the stock header, it is balanced for the motor. Go from there.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:41 AM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 143 Posts

Amazing, out of 6 replies only 1 person actually read your post well enough to try to answer your question. I can't help you with an answer, but I'm interested in some info also since I've thought about trying that setup with a good muffler. I just get a kick out of all the replies to posts that are made by people who don't read the whole post & don't answer the question asked.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:21 PM
gsxrboy96
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DTTJGlide
Amazing, out of 6 replies only 1 person actually read your post well enough to try to answer your question. I can't help you with an answer, but I'm interested in some info also since I've thought about trying that setup with a good muffler. I just get a kick out of all the replies to posts that are made by people who don't read the whole post & don't answer the question asked.
Lol, agreed, I've had some good conversation with fabrik8r, seems the major downfall to a gutted 2 into 1 is that the outlet size, its actually smaller than the primary tubes, I wonder how much exhaust size and length is really needed to support 90-100 hp? I'm going to dyno this bike with a gutted slip on vs a fat cat, and ill have some more answers, I would really like to have someone let me borrow a d&d slip on just to see the difference, chad

Old 10-28-2012, 07:33 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I did the catless header on my CVO SG. I did it mainly to cool it down. It helped a lot and sounds much much better.
If you after power you need to think about Cams. with the other things you want. It is a small price with a big refund in power.
I did my cams on my Ultra when it was time to check the cam tensioners. Saved some bucks that way.
What you will get without the cam change will be a cooler running engine and better throttle response. a few more ponies but you will notice a difference. Better sound, may want to hold off on the mufflers and do the catless headers first. You might get the sound you want. I did.

Quick Reply: stock 2 into 1 catless horsepower