Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you would work for HD

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 02:36 PM
BigJimmy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Molarman
Really the detachable tour pack should be standard. You shouldn't have to spend 3-400 dollars for that. It is standard on Victory touring bikes.
I agree! And it's more like $600...

Old 01-03-2013, 03:10 PM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
Location: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I've said it before and I'll say it again. First thing on the agenda would be my Road Glide with a properly tuned Revolution engine fitted with a Harley true dual exhaust and a REAL touring suspension.

I can live with the other stuff and in fact, some of the things are half the fun of ownership.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:08 PM
redneck0372
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of the other little things guys have said plus the ultra limited gets the 110 and the cvo gets a 120.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redneck0372
Some of the other little things guys have said plus the ultra limited gets the 110 and the cvo gets a 120.
That would make me go look at the CVO-SG....

Old 01-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Frankenbagger
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by d-roadglidr
I've said it before and I'll say it again. First thing on the agenda would be my Road Glide with a properly tuned Revolution engine fitted with a Harley true dual exhaust and a REAL touring suspension.

I can live with the other stuff and in fact, some of the things are half the fun of ownership.
Why don't you just buy a GoldWing or a BMW?

Old 01-03-2013, 05:02 PM
mjbones
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the little things like making a angle valve stem so putting air in the tires a lot easier, you think someone there would do that because if those people at harley in the design department actually had to put air in there tires that would be a done deal. I wonder how much money would it cost them to do that.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mjbones
the little things like making a angle valve stem so putting air in the tires a lot easier, you think someone there would do that because if those people at harley in the design department actually had to put air in there tires that would be a done deal. I wonder how much money would it cost them to do that.
As minimal the cost would be, the bean counters would stop it. But since just about everybody would like to see improved valve stems and if all of us would send e-mails to HD, it may get done. Think i will do that!

Old 01-03-2013, 05:43 PM
bigjames4xl
Tourer
Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankenbagger
Why don't you just buy a GoldWing or a BMW?
In my case, If there was a more comfortable foot peg position on the BMW I'd have a new k1600 beemer right now! As for the gold wing, if I wanted an RV I'd get one, and the foot peg position on them is not much better than the beemer.

I really don't understand the reason so many have no love for the revolution motor. It's not a torque monster but do not underestimate it's horsepower when it's in it's happy rpm range.

A properly tuned and geared revolution motor in a true touring frame would be awesome. That's why if i was in charge there would be some variation of a revolution engine, maybe even a v4 configuration, a in a big frame.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Gigawitz
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigjames4xl
I really don't understand the reason so many have no love for the revolution motor. It's not a torque monster but do not underestimate it's horsepower when it's in it's happy rpm range.
Because it does not sound like a Harley, and it does not have the American legend appeal...

Old 01-03-2013, 06:03 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

a welded crank would save them so much money on warrentys I can't beleave they have not done that on there own and put a oil temp gauge in to replace that STUPID air temp gauge and the better hinges on atleast the CVOs and the Tri Glides , those tin hinges look so cheap on a $30000 + bike , the rest I will do to make the bike mine and that is part of the enjoyment [ something to do in the winter ]

Quick Reply: If you would work for HD