Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto pushrods

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 09:14 AM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master
Received 511 Likes on 228 Posts
Default Fuel Moto pushrods

What's all this stuff I'm reading about FM pushrods being difficult to install? I just bought a full cam setup from FM and want to know what i I'm getting into. Seen lots of stuff recommending to go with S&S or SE adjustables so it has me wondering. Fuel Moto hasn't let me down yet with several purchases and i don't suspect they'll start now. Anyone have anything to offer?

Old 01-17-2013, 09:36 AM
senna
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I just installed them a couple weeks ago. I think what makes them different is that you use the stock push rod tubes. I think, but I am not positive that most others like s&s uses a push rod tube that has a larger opening to work in, I could be wrong

that being said, the FM push rods have a floating adjuster, this allows the use of the stock push rod tubes. The tip that rests in the lifter is installed after the upper portion of the push rod and the tubes are in place. Then you have to attach the lower portion and thread the floating threaded rod into the lower portion then adjust the push rod.

Its really not that bad. They are a quality product.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:04 AM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master

Thanks for the reply Senna...greatly appreciated. I expect nothing but the best from FM and like i said, they haven't disappointed so far.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:07 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

they're a pain in the *** but they hold tight.

smith bros makes good rods

Old 01-17-2013, 10:30 AM
sonnlaw
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not too hard and yes you keep your tubes. They come with a little holder to push your tubes up so yoibe can get two wrenches in there to adjust. Wait til you get your package, their instructions are spot on and detailed.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:39 AM
03dragonRK
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One tip I have is to use a flat screwdriver to lift the bottom of the pushrod tube high enough to get the holder that FM supplies in. After many attemps to just pull it up with my fingers I realised that there was no way I was going to compress the spring far enough that way so I placed the flat of a screwdriver against a cylinder fin and lifted the tube with the body of the screwdriver as I slipped the holder in place while making sure not to damage the lower tube O-ring.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:31 PM
pierced5
Advanced

I agree they were a pain to install due to hitting the tube and not allowing the correct angle to join the upper to the lower piece. It's not a push rod issue, it's a tube issue. The FM parts are top notch.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:07 PM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 03dragonRK
One tip I have is to use a flat screwdriver to lift the bottom of the pushrod tube high enough to get the holder that FM supplies in. After many attemps to just pull it up with my fingers I realised that there was no way I was going to compress the spring far enough that way so I placed the flat of a screwdriver against a cylinder fin and lifted the tube with the body of the screwdriver as I slipped the holder in place while making sure not to damage the lower tube O-ring.

I just installed a FM 107 complete kit. You should of pulled the lower o-ring over the lower stop.....watch FM's video if it not clear. I used a large flat screw driver with duct tape wrapped on the end to not mar up the cylinder fins while lifting the pushrod tube to insert the tool.

If you use STOCK lifters, follow the directions in the FM / Fueling pushrods for 3 full turns and 1 flat. If your using the WOODS lifters, its per the FM video 4 full turns and two flats.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:56 PM
littled62
Tourer

I installed the FM pushrods last winter when I changed cams and put the new type oil pump in, I had to change the push rod tubes after I got it all together, they were hitting the inside of the tube but other than that they were a simple install a little tight to get to the nuts but with it up on the lift it was no big deal

Attached Thumbnails Fuel Moto pushrods-2.jpg  
Old 01-17-2013, 08:09 PM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master

Thanks for all the replies....gotta find some time this week to do my install. Looking forward to that TW-222 torque!

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto pushrods