Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THE ULTIMATE TALL RIDER THREAD! (6'4 and above)

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 12:05 PM
LagunaGlide
Road Master
Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts

Anyone combined the 19" Banana Boards with the Tallboy Relocation kit? wondering if this combo would push boards into the crash bar, and possibly have the back of the boards tilted down enough to scrape.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:24 PM
dakotared
Road Captain
Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

6'5" 320 lbs here. Narrow hips, wide shoulders. 2010 Road King w/ tall boy seat, removed rear shifter, heritage style handlebars just very slightly pulled back from straight alignment to front fork. knees still above hips even when feet are on the highway pegs resulting in all my weight resting on my tailbone and almost none on glutes and thighs leading to a numb butt after a couple hours. Also quick to get minor cramps in hips on hot days due to outward torqe when seated. No iron butt here, wish Harley's were bigger...

Last edited by dakotared; 09-30-2016 at 12:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Peter Griffin (10-03-2016)
Old 09-30-2016, 03:26 PM
Tavern Monk
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackburnD
Anyone combined the 19" Banana Boards with the Tallboy Relocation kit? wondering if this combo would push boards into the crash bar, and possibly have the back of the boards tilted down enough to scrape.

Just installed the XL Banana Boards & Tall Boys floorboard relocators last night on my 2016 FKHXS along with Roland Sands Enzo 2 up seat... and like magic the bike fits. Huge difference! Boards fit in there like a glove almost like they were made to fit. Looks like I have some room so I ordered the Kuryakyn 4588 relocators to get another inch forward & inch out.

Measured everything up & ordered a Softbrake brake pedal +3 and shift lever +2.

Haven't ridden it yet. Waiting for the rain to stop.

The following users liked this post:
LagunaGlide (10-01-2016)
Old 10-03-2016, 10:47 AM
Craigmier
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Tavern Monk
Just installed the XL Banana Boards & Tall Boys floorboard relocators last night on my 2016 FKHXS along with Roland Sands Enzo 2 up seat... and like magic the bike fits. Huge difference! Boards fit in there like a glove almost like they were made to fit. Looks like I have some room so I ordered the Kuryakyn 4588 relocators to get another inch forward & inch out.

Must have been a floorboard kind of weekend. i installed knockoff ebay Arlen Ness Deep Cut floorboards on my '13 RG custom. I had the Kuryakyn out+forward floorboard extension kit on my stock boards and figured out that the Ness boards do not fit with the Kuryakyn extensions. Bummer. I went from small boards that were forward and out to larger boards that are back and in. Not as much an improvement as I would have hoped. I will now be looking for different floorboard relocation brackets to move the boards out and possibly forward. When I mocked it up, it looked like the boards would have just barely fit with the HD vented lowers+Kuryakyn extensions I have so I was bummed to find the Kury kit front bracket does not fit with Ness Boards.

Pic for attention.

Old 10-03-2016, 12:41 PM
No U Glider
Road Warrior
Received 185 Likes on 167 Posts

How about some pics?

Old 10-03-2016, 07:38 PM
Tavern Monk
Cruiser
Default Banana Board XL, Tall Boys, & Kuryakyn 4588 Pics

Pics of the Cyclesmith Banana Boards XL, Tallboys Relocators, & Kuryaken 4588 floorboards relocators.

With the Roland Sands Enzo 2-up, which I've read is about back 3 down1, this bike is SUPER stretched out now. I actually the tips of the boards as highway pegs & rest my feet out there.

Matching up the front Kuryakyn 4588 and Tallboys is a little sketchy. I'm not totally happy with what I have going on now under there, but that will be some winter fab work. I have some ideas, just not the time right now. I'll add some pics of that in a day or two.

Softbrake +3 shifter showed up today as well as the front shifter +2.5 - these things look sick, can't wait to get them on the bike this Wednesday.

Attached Thumbnails THE ULTIMATE TALL RIDER THREAD! (6'4 and above)-20161002_182819.jpg   THE ULTIMATE TALL RIDER THREAD! (6'4 and above)-20161002_182826.jpg   THE ULTIMATE TALL RIDER THREAD! (6'4 and above)-20161002_182835.jpg   THE ULTIMATE TALL RIDER THREAD! (6'4 and above)-20161002_182842.jpg  
Old 10-03-2016, 07:54 PM
Tavern Monk
Cruiser
Default Banana Board XL & Tall Boys ONLY Pics

Here are a few pics of the XL boards & Tallboys WITH OUT the Kuryakyn 4588. It was a cleaner install, but you can see from the previous pics with all three the noticeable difference the 4588 set makes.

Attached Thumbnails THE ULTIMATE TALL RIDER THREAD! (6'4 and above)-20160929_201119.jpg   THE ULTIMATE TALL RIDER THREAD! (6'4 and above)-20160929_201129.jpg   THE ULTIMATE TALL RIDER THREAD! (6'4 and above)-20160929_215239.jpg  
Old 10-03-2016, 08:53 PM
No U Glider
Road Warrior
Received 185 Likes on 167 Posts

Thanks for posting up the pics... I really like how the boards follow the lines of the highway bar. I put up a coupe pics of mine with the TB kit and stock boards. I'm running the + 3" SB and a Kury + 1 3/4" Girder shifter.

Attached Thumbnails THE ULTIMATE TALL RIDER THREAD! (6'4 and above)-f05e7bcf-cc11-48dc-97b1-7e3ab783a3ff-foot.jpg   THE ULTIMATE TALL RIDER THREAD! (6'4 and above)-foot2.jpg  
Old 10-03-2016, 09:22 PM
Tavern Monk
Cruiser

The Banana Boards XL line up with the highway bar much better with the Kuryakyn 4588 floorboard relocators... and that inch out really makes a big difference. I didn't think it would but really glad they are on there.

Looks like the Softbrake +3 rally throws that pedal out there. Can't wail to install. The stock OEM brake pedal is my SINGLE largest complaint in the bike.

Old 10-04-2016, 12:55 PM
Craigmier
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Pics of the Cyclesmith Banana Boards XL, Tallboys Relocators, & Kuryaken 4588 floorboards relocators.

With the Roland Sands Enzo 2-up, which I've read is about back 3 down1, this bike is SUPER stretched out now. I actually the tips of the boards as highway pegs & rest my feet out there.

Matching up the front Kuryakyn 4588 and Tallboys is a little sketchy. I'm not totally happy with what I have going on now under there, but that will be some winter fab work. I have some ideas, just not the time right now. I'll add some pics of that in a day or two.

Softbrake +3 shifter showed up today as well as the front shifter +2.5 - these things look sick, can't wait to get them on the bike this Wednesday.
Do the Kurys mount first to the bike, then the tallboy mounts, then the floorboards? I am wondering if I could use the tall boy mounts to enable the use of the Kuryakyn extensions? My Ness Deep Cut boards would not fit onto the Kury extensions so I had to remove them, not happy about boards not being out that extra inch.

Quick Reply: THE ULTIMATE TALL RIDER THREAD! (6'4 and above)