Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   LePera Maverick seat long rides? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/856286-lepera-maverick-seat-long-rides.html)

redneck0372 03-20-2013 04:18 PM

LePera Maverick seat long rides?

How comfortable are they for long distance rides? Im thinking about the daddy log legs and am hoping to get some feed back about these seats,

redneck0372 03-21-2013 05:33 AM

No one can tell me how these seats are.

89FLHT 03-21-2013 08:00 AM

I ran a Lepera on my old Glide. it was not the Maverick, it was the model that was closest to the Maverick but was a solo seat with a pillion.

Lepera was great to deal with, I wanted it custom fit to me , so they sent me the seatpan and foam without the cover on it, and I just drew out on the seat and the attached piece of paper they send all the mods I wanted. They took the seat back , made the mods and put the cover on it.

Had that seat for 5 years and 40k miles and really liked it. Firmer than a mustang, not as firm as a corbin. Steel seat pan, quality built and the company was very good to work with.

Worked great for long hauls or short runs.

lionsm13 03-21-2013 08:09 AM

Spare yourself the agony.
I had a maverick on my softail for 1 ride.
Like sitting on a vinyl covered brick.

Hardest seat that I have ever had.
Will never even think about another one, or any LePera for that matter.
Buddy had one on his SG, another brick of a seat.
No no no no no no no no..

floridapoolboy 03-21-2013 09:06 AM

I really like my Maverick seat, very comfy. Be aware that the seat rises at the pillion to provide back support, and while great for me at 5'7" it might be too much for taller folks. The daddy long legs might be better for 6 footers, no experience with them.

Terrabella 03-21-2013 09:25 AM

LePera...had one once...worst seat I ever had. Hard as a rock but it looked cool. I pass!

07FLHT 03-21-2013 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by lionsm13 (Post 11059714)
Spare yourself the agony.
I had a maverick on my softail for 1 ride.
Like sitting on a vinyl covered brick.

Hardest seat that I have ever had.
Will never even think about another one, or any LePera for that matter.
Buddy had one on his SG, another brick of a seat.
No no no no no no no no..

LOL! :icon_laugh: :icon_laugh: Got a buddy whos had a LePera for about 8 months now and rides in pain because he thinks the seat looks good!
Sometimes form has to follow function.

Frankenbagger 03-21-2013 12:12 PM

I have a LePera solo on my rg, and 2 of my buddies' bikes have different LePera seats on them. All the seats look great and we don't mind riding long distances with them, but I would never accuse them of being comfortable seats.

hank-hill 03-21-2013 06:03 PM

I had the maverick on a road king and the only thing I didn't like was how the back was very straight. I prefer seats that curve in the back support area

Dynamohm 03-21-2013 07:15 PM

Had a Lepera Daytona with the gel insert on my Superglide Sport it was one great seat never gave me any pain . I put a Lepera Sorrento on my Streetglide
no gel inserts it might be a bit on the firm side but again no pains or discomfort. I think they are great seats really well made.