Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White Hot pearl issue!! WTF??

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 09:42 PM
UPSGUY
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
Default White Hot pearl issue!! WTF??

I bought my 2012 White Hot Pearl RKC in July of 2011 and in Sept of 2012 I bought a set of Factory hard bags and the colors didnt quite match and now I just bought a tour pak and none of the three colors match!?!?! The bikes tins look like they have a light yellowish grey tint and the bags are a little lighter and the tour pak is white! I have seen white pearl on street rods and hot rods look the same way after a little time but I didnt expect this on my RKC only after 21 months! My dealer wants me to bring it to them this saturday so I will see what they have to say, Im not happy about this and Im sure they will have some BS excuse why its not MOCO's fault!! The bike has 6,619 miles on it and stays in the garage, has only been outside over night 4 times in 21 months.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:57 PM
scotracy
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Show us some pictures bud....

Old 04-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Scarz
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I hope you post the dealerships response.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:39 AM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 190 Posts

Please let us know how they handle the problem. Good luck.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:41 AM
VTL nut
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It sounds like you purchased new, from a dealer, so it should be good.
When we did the final walk around on my 12 FLHTC, the salesman spotted a blemish in the clear coat on my tourpak, which was minimal at best, I had a new tourpak waiting for me in about 10 days.
I could have lived with the blemish, for you had to be looking for it to see it, but, they offered to order me up a new one so I let them. It probably could have been rubbed out, but keeping buyers happy should be, and was, my local dealers primary concern.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Kenney
Road Captain
Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

So why did you not return the Bags you bought in 2012 that didn't match the color of your bike? Same goes for the tour pack that yuou just bought. Now that you are in 2013 your complaining!
You excepted the parts, ddn't you?

Old 04-03-2013, 07:19 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 780 Posts

Trying to match a paint color like the White Hot Pearl is like matching black and white. If they weren't painted at the same time with the same paint it won't ever be the same. Lots easier matching a solid color because the differences are minimal. I have a 2010 Chevy Avalanche that is what they call White Diamond Tricoat. Basically a Pearl white. When I use the touch up paint on it, it stands out like a sore thumb. If you want them all to match then you are going to have to take it to a painter and have everything painted at the same time.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:25 AM
rpbrown
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by KCFLHRC
Trying to match a paint color like the White Hot Pearl is like matching black and white. If they weren't painted at the same time with the same paint it won't ever be the same. Lots easier matching a solid color because the differences are minimal. I have a 2010 Chevy Avalanche that is what they call White Diamond Tricoat. Basically a Pearl white. When I use the touch up paint on it, it stands out like a sore thumb. If you want them all to match then you are going to have to take it to a painter and have everything painted at the same time.

This.

Buying painted parts at seperate times is a gamble at best. Different paint mixes, sun fading, and any number of other things can cause it. The only way to match exact is either get all painted parts together or paint them at the same time.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:28 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

once you put them on the bike and use them, they are yours. you cannot expect the dealer to lose money on this. what if he ordered you another set, and you did not like the color on the replacement?
have you thought of adding the saddlebag top bras that keep you from scratching the top when you mount/dismount? might find one for the tour box too(or add a luggage rack). maybe add a little pin striping? find a set of wrap around saddlebag guards that someone took off? you should be able to find a way to make them invisible to the casual observer--that should be good enough.
to top it off, you are already pissing and moaning before the dealer/moco has even seen them.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:36 AM
yowflhtk
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

As per a previous post, pearl white has got to be one of the hardest colour's to paint and match. My wife's Lacrosse is the tri coat white (pearl white). She got rear ended and the bumper needed replacement. We had the body shop repaint it 3 times before they even got it close and its still not quite right. My advice is that if it's really off, see if you can have them order new pieces on their dime. If its somewhat close, learn to live with it, because you will never get a perfect match.

.................martin

Quick Reply: White Hot pearl issue!! WTF??