Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PV Data Log Map

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 07:38 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default PV Data Log Map

What does this show you? Still trying to figure this thing out. What do the different colored cells mean? How do you know your at the best state of Auto-Tune?
Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Clay

Attached Thumbnails PV Data Log Map-pv1-custom-.jpg  
Old 04-27-2013, 08:32 PM
lewain
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subscribed, I am curious also.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:42 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i am sure someone will chime in with answers, so I will hang out and see what someone says.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:22 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Ttt....

Old 04-28-2013, 12:45 AM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by klaybus
What does this show you? Still trying to figure this thing out. What do the different colored cells mean? How do you know your at the best state of Auto-Tune?
Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Clay
The different colors just reflect the % change in the VE numbers. Green low and red high. I would not trust those numbers in the first column. Looks like they are in the 90's but I can't read them very well. You can delete the autotune and start over or export it to the custom tune file and update the file on the ecm. Looks like this is on your pc and not the PV. I haven't looked at it on the pc. Don't save it over your current map and if it doesn't run correctly, just revert back to the old map and start over. You can use your PV to gather this data and flash it to the ecm without PC. You have to do the latest updates to use AT. Use the update client under PowerVision in the program files. Need PV hooked to computer for this. It will update Computer software and firmware on PV. There is a good video on the Dynajet PowerVision web site on how to do this and how to run and use the AutoTune. My first AutoTune session after I flashed to the ecm caused my off idle response to be a little lean. I pulled the flashed map and did a compare to the original before autotune session and changed the off idle back like it was. It worked fine after testing. I then did the smooth from the menu on the Win/pv software on the VE tables and Put that one in the ecm and boy was it smooth. Try it you will like it. Learn to use the compare feature and you will be amazed at what you can find. Here is a hint, if you look at the timing numbers and the timing at the idle position from 750 to 1250 is like 16 or 17 degrees you need to find a dynotuned map. I and 4 more of the bikes I have tuned have 24 degrees in these positions. 16 is the factory numbers. You won't find one with these numbers on the Dynajet site. They run great more power, better fuel economy, and not the first ping or pop or jerking. I think the slow timing causes the jerking. I can run 6th gear down to 45 and accelerate and it just comes up. Granted not as good as 5th but no problems. It will cruise at 50 in 6th easily. Temp is normal also. I am monitoring with the PV mounted.