Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removable Tour Pack Relocation on 08 EGC

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 03:01 PM
LOTL
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Removable Tour Pack Relocation on 08 EGC

Got the idea from this post. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...relocator.html
Thanks KC Classic!

The plans shown in KC's thread wouldnt work with my removable tour pack, so i modified it a little and it worked out pretty good.
I didnt bother to take pictures of it before i installed it, so here are a few of it installed along with my hack drawing.

Its made out of 1/8" thick Stainless Steel and is plenty strong enough to support the tour pack.
No holes were drilled in the tour pack, but i did need to drill 2 holes in the removable tour pack bracket.

I did up a crude drawing to give to my friend who made the plate. I told him to make the 1/4-20 clearance holes a little bigger than usual in case my measurements were off a little. Everything bolted up fine but im not going to guarantee this will work for your bike. Measure yours before going to town on making your plate.

So for $2.00 in Stainless Steel hardware, i made the little woman a whole lot happier. I didnt notice anything different while riding the bike other than when i put my feet down when coming to a stop, her toes are wacking the back of my calfs. She is now moving her feet in a little when we stop.

I took off that little pad thats under the back rest and took out the stitching. We stuffed it with some latex rubber pieces from a pillow we werent using and it helped cover the area that was opened up by moving the pack back the 2 1/2".

Old 04-27-2013, 04:57 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts

Very Nice Post...Kudo's to you!!!..Job well done. J-low got some back but man that pack is BACK.LOL....
Please keep us updated as to how it holds up and if you would change anything..
Tim..

Old 04-28-2013, 08:20 AM
LOTL
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by riteway
Very Nice Post...Kudo's to you!!!..Job well done. J-low got some back but man that pack is BACK.LOL....
Please keep us updated as to how it holds up and if you would change anything..
Tim..
Yeah that one picture does make it look like it hangs off the back waaaaay to much. But just walking up on it, no one has said wow dude whats up with your tour pack?
Its back the same distance as other tour pack relocators, so it is what it is. George Andersons goes back 1 1/4" or 2 1/2" and DKCustom's is 2 1/2" as well. I dont think ill ever use the 3 1/2" holes in mine unless the little lady becomes not so little.

If i had to change one thing, it would be to change the width of the plate once it comes off of the removable bracket. I was trying to keep the amount of cuts to a minimum seeing as how it was a Government job for the friend who made it for me. Free was a good price and i can deal with it the way it is.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:21 AM
tles1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice post! Thanks, exactly what i was looking for advice on.