Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CVO Road Glide v. CVO Road King v. CVO Road Glide Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 02:19 PM
gatorlaw
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 398 Likes on 124 Posts
Default CVO Road Glide v. CVO Road King v. CVO Road Glide Ultra

Wife is ready to move up from her 1200 custom and take over my Switchback (which I love) now I need to pick my new bike (since the anniversary addition fell apart). Now I'm not sure which way to go. I want the CVO only because I don't want to have to dump in a bunch of $ on mods I'll never get back (not saying there will be no mods). I love all but lean towards the Road Glide but I must admit the tour pack can be handy (price of painted matched detach pack on custom makes it as much as the ultra so its not cash based. Just want more room than they Dyna can offer. Pros coins thoughts opinions things I'm not considering?

Old 06-02-2013, 04:42 PM
gatorlaw
Outstanding HDF Member

No input?

Old 06-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Well first off the only CVO RGU,was 2011. The CVO RGs for 12&13 look great,and without one in 2014 this will be your last opportunity for at least a year to have one. The CVO RKs look awesome IMO,once you take off that hideous windshield.

Old 06-02-2013, 05:27 PM
gatorlaw
Outstanding HDF Member

I agree on the windshield on the king and prefer the fairing but I like the ability to quick strip the king just like the switchback...

Old 06-02-2013, 05:51 PM
VTL nut
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For $30K plus one would be a fool not to go rent one of each, or at the very least test ride each one.
Doesn't get a whole lot simpler than that.
Good luck

Old 06-02-2013, 06:23 PM
BillinSC
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Exactly right, rent before you buy!

Of course I've yet to see a CVO rental but I rented one several different touring bikes (including the Trike) before I decided on the Electraglide Ultra Limited.

However, I bought it knowing I would drop more $$$ into it to "personalize it" which I gladly did and enjoyed aver step of it (and still do).

And I'm pretty sure I'm still under $30K

Just my 2 cents worth

Old 06-02-2013, 06:37 PM
patriot2500
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Definitely rent and go from there. Can't buy one just from looking at it.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:42 PM
tincup64
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i bought the road king because i had fairing bikes, but love the look of the king and the stock non cvo windshield. when the cvo rk came with tunes, that sealed the deal for me. its an amazing bike and i'm content with stage 1 to cool it down and a non cat header.

i will admit that next year i will likely get a tour pac for it for the few times i'll need it, but for the most part i'm good - for now.

ton

Old 06-02-2013, 06:45 PM
VTL nut
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tincup64
i bought the road king because i had fairing bikes, but love the look of the king and the stock non cvo windshield. when the cvo rk came with tunes, that sealed the deal for me. its an amazing bike and i'm content with stage 1 to cool it down and a non cat header.

i will admit that next year i will likely get a tour pac for it for the few times i'll need it, but for the most part i'm good - for now.

ton
Congrats dude, I saw both the Red and Blue Kings up close and personal early last spring. They are a beautiful machine.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:46 PM
gatorlaw
Outstanding HDF Member

I've rented (non CVO) and ridden all, but a few hundred miles doesn't tell you much. I'm leaning towards the RGC but looking for more experienced input from those that have owned one or more (CVO or not). To give me pros and cons from ownership prospective not just ride em all...

Quick Reply: CVO Road Glide v. CVO Road King v. CVO Road Glide Ultra