Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best and Worst Air Intakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 09:10 PM
basselope
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Harley offers a little known SE synthetic media washable oil less filter. IMO its the best thing you can use to replace the oil n gauze type filter.
Hmmmm... doesn't look like they offer a kit for late model touring, or just the element alone. Could have missed it though... the website is being its typical slow-loading self.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:17 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Originally Posted by basselope
Hmmmm... doesn't look like they offer a kit for late model touring, or just the element alone. Could have missed it though... the website is being its typical slow-loading self.

Do a google image search for 29442-99E. The 2 pics you see with a hand holding them are mine. It is only available as an air filter. Its not in a kit.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:50 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Originally Posted by StevieRay59
I bought the DK Customs kit with brass breather bolts and it blows oil all over my bike. Then bought their external breather element with the 2 houses that hang down into a separate breather and same problem oil all over the bike. Now i'm out almost 200 dollars combined for an air filter element I used less than a week. Unhappy to say the least. And NO it's not overfull only 3and 1/2 qts. of oil in motor 2009 street glide, it's not over filled at all.

Not sure what you mean by 3 1/2 quarts of oil not being over filled. Please take a look at this link, which has info from Harley on how much oil and what weight oil to run.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/oil-r...oil-level.html

Here is another good link on oil being on the side of the bike, and the different reasons for it.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/oil-r...f-my-bike.html

I believe if you will read thru and follow HD specs in the above two links you will end up very happy with the A/C you have. If you are not, please contact us at the number or email below. Happy Customers are our #1 Priority.
Regardless, he above info is important regardless what A/C you are running.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 06-08-2013, 03:01 AM
W1cked
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the SE Heavy Breather when I did my Stage 1 upgrade to my 2012 FXDWG when I purchased the bike. 3500mi later.... I just did the SE Stage IV Kit and wanted to get back to the stock look so I did the Stage 1 Air Kit , Works great. The only thing getting use to was with the 58mm throttle body sticks out farther ,hitting my leg so I had to adjust how I place my foot on the footpeg. Its all GOOD , You GOTTA PAY TO PLAY !

Old 07-07-2013, 10:10 PM
hellbob37
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dr. Tiki
I had the Big Sucker and liked it a lot but even with the short element I had to sell it to put speakers in my lower fairings.

I went to the SE Ventilator but felt that it was giving off more heat. Maybe it was the way it directed air around the engine or maybe it was acting as a heat sink to the engine... in either case, I didn't like it and sold that.

I now have FuelMoto's setup and like it as much as my old Big Sucker.

What insert is that to be able to utilize those style trim rings? I love that look

Old 07-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by hellbob37
What insert is that to be able to utilize those style trim rings? I love that look
You can do that with the standard se stage 1 actually or the big suckerse. The trim ring looks like the stock cover cut down.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:26 AM
RootbeerKing
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

K&N with Kuryakan Scarab cover. Here is a pic of the cover from their website.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:19 AM
bobgv
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got a Performance Machine black cover on mine and not overly flashy and blends in and looks great imo.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:24 AM
MaineRyder
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Wanna Ride
Roland Sands = overpriced doo-dads

It may be a tad over priced but it sure does look good! (and yes it works as good or better then it looks)

Old 07-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 571 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by hellbob37
Yup, just the stock football, cutdown.

Quick Reply: Best and Worst Air Intakes