Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Hogtunes? Are they worth it? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/88209-hogtunes-are-they-worth-it.html)

Lowly_G 02-25-2007 03:31 AM

Hogtunes? Are they worth it?

I am new and been reading on hear for the past week or so. Love it. I have 06 EG Classic. I am looking at putting the Hogtunes ultrasound kit on? Has anybody done this? What do you think of them? Any other product better for adding rear speakers.

Thanks

a21m 02-25-2007 04:17 AM

RE: Hogtunes? Are they worth it?

Have them. Love them. End of story...:D If you do a search on hogtunes you will find everyone eho has them are happy they do.

db2753 02-25-2007 10:15 AM

I just finished installing Hogtunes yesterday. I took my time and did it over 2 days but I'm slow and didn't know what I was doing since I'm new to this motorcycle stuff. Very easy to understand the instructions. Pez is very helpful and you might want to ask if he has any damaged outer carton deals left, it saved me a bunch. Couple things, I also used 3 Yellow Plastic Ties and connected together to secure the amp. Instructions say you might have to loosen the Gas Tank bolt to snake the wires under it, plan on it. I ran a snake from the seat side and pulled the wires under. Other than that the install was a piece of cake. I have not taken it for a ride yet but in the garage it made a huge difference compared to the stock front speakers. Might also want to buy the rear speakers from Pez. Big difference between his and the stock one that are trashed now. Hope this helps.

JeffSG 02-25-2007 10:20 AM

Thread after thread has nothing but great things to say for them. Haven't tried them myself, yet. But they are on my "short list".

Ride safe,

Abnmarine 02-25-2007 10:23 AM

Without a doubt, Yes!

iclick 02-25-2007 10:50 AM

I installed the front Hogtunes alone and they made a positive difference in the sound, fuller and louder. But I sometimes get some distortion above 1/2 volume, undoubtedly originating from the stock amp. I'm tempted to buy the Hogtunes amp, but haven't become assured it'll make a $200 difference in the sound over the HT speakers and stock amp. Few that started with the HT speakers and later moved to the HT amp have reported back. One said it made a difference, but not much. That's not good enough, but I'm still thinking about it. I would recommend the speakers, though.

Towpro 02-25-2007 10:52 AM

My Hogtunes are sittin' on my desk....waitin' to get the painted inner/outter fairings on....:D

I ordered them solely on what I have read herabout em..
..;)

AtkRWC 02-25-2007 10:55 AM

I have HogTunes but did it as part of a RetroRadio install so I can't compare to stock. THey do sound nice but as someone above said, there is some distortion at higher volume levels. I may not have the radio levels adjusted correctly. I'm not a techo type so not sure what all the different levels of adjustment on my Sony mean. I tried to get one of the guys at work to help but we haven't got it dialed in yet. Back to the question about the speakers, noting but good to say here on the forums and I'm sure after I get the adjustments done, I'll be super happy.

EVOrider 02-25-2007 11:05 AM

Hard to beat Hogtunes......service, price, and warranty. They are both on my Electra Glides and work awesome. Just too bad, the factory will not put decent speakers in them in the first place.

lkr0 02-25-2007 11:24 AM

I had HOGTUNES speakers and amp. Speakers are on the + side of decent, definitely an upgrade over stock--there will be some distortion at volume while at highway speeds.

Customer service is excellent.

The amp will NOT give that much more sound---it puts out 24 watts per channel---at 50 MPH it's not going to make much of a difference. IMHO not worth the $$$.

There are alternatives, I replaced the HogTunes (which are decent) with POLK Audio---they were better but I wanted and knew there was something better out there.

I replaced the POLK Audio with MBQuart---these speakers are great---a little pricey but worth the $$$$.

For an amp, I would check with stereo shops---you can get more power for less $$$.

my .02