Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing guage faceplate color only?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Ray Lloyd
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Changing guage faceplate color only?

CHANGING GUAGE FACEPLATE COLOR ONLY?

2012 Street Glide. White guage faceplates.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change JUST the faceplate color ONLY to black, like the Electra Glide guages.

I'm talking about all six guages, Tach, MPH, Oil PSI, Voltage, Fuel, and Air Temp.

I googled this with no luck, and the vendor here who does guages doesn't seem to directly address if this is possible.

The dealer wants $755.00 just for the Electra Glide guages with the black faces. They advise that it is not possible to change out the white faces to black...... But then again, anytime I try to buy the smalles little gizmo from the dealer, they somehow cleverly advise me that I will need 5-8 more HD parts to make whatever I want to buy, work!

-Any help would be appreciated!

Old 07-10-2013, 10:36 AM
springer 03
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I doubt that changing faces is practical or even possible. You can change the colors of the led lighting for minimal cost but even that requires disassembling the tach and speedo. If you want the standard black face gauges, you could post here for a swap or just shop on e-bay, as they come up quite often for around $250.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:56 AM
DPelletier
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, just arrange for a swap with an EG owner who wants white. Though I like the black, I'm certain you wouldn't have any trouble finding a taker.

Dave

Old 07-10-2013, 10:58 AM
texasrich27
Cruiser

I changed my guages to the titanium face ones, I just didn't like the white faces on the stock guages. It was a little pricey...it ran me about $600 I think but I'm happy I did it. You will need to order the speedo with the mileage already set so you're going to need to guess/predict how many miles you'll have on it by the time you get the guages and install them...that's if the dealer does installs it. Otherwise it'll be up to your conscience what miles you show on the odometer.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:03 AM
BadBagger08
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray Lloyd
CHANGING GUAGE FACEPLATE COLOR ONLY?

2012 Street Glide. White guage faceplates.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change JUST the faceplate color ONLY to black, like the Electra Glide guages.

I'm talking about all six guages, Tach, MPH, Oil PSI, Voltage, Fuel, and Air Temp.

I googled this with no luck, and the vendor here who does guages doesn't seem to directly address if this is possible.

The dealer wants $755.00 just for the Electra Glide guages with the black faces. They advise that it is not possible to change out the white faces to black...... But then again, anytime I try to buy the smalles little gizmo from the dealer, they somehow cleverly advise me that I will need 5-8 more HD parts to make whatever I want to buy, work!

-Any help would be appreciated!
I can change you faceplates for you. I have a complete set of blk minus the fuel gauge plate. I can also LED mod your tach and speedo gauges for you at the same time.
I also have a couple complete sets of silver faceplates from Street Glides. I also offer complete custom faceplates designed by Gravestarr Customs.
give me a call or email me for more info

Last edited by BadBagger08; 07-10-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:07 AM
fjm3rd
Tourer

Changed all my gauges to the titanium gauges. Just couldn't see the white face gauges at nite. The titanium gauges light up real nice at nite. Best mod I did on the bike. And it doesn't look like all other street glides.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Ray Lloyd
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Jim, thank you, I will give you a call tomorrow, going out for a ride in hot Chicago right now!

Thank You to all the rest of you too. I looked at the Titanium gauges also.

-Ray