Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   1 week (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/895743-1-week.html)

dulley 07-31-2013 09:44 PM

1 week

well I got 1 week on my warrenty left .,and I cant find nothing wrong ,it. seems like the noises I had are now gone ,bike runs great ,no more pinging thanks to fuel moto . the tapping I had was a loose rocker arm ,easy fix . trans shift great .,tires are wearing nice ,and I have now 9700 miles on it .,.I want to take it in , but theres nothing wrong .,36 more payments . :icon_tinykitball: oh the cat was my wife idea lol . one thing is the black paint , to many swirls . how do I get them out , I got everthing . even bought one of those 3inch buffers . sorry guys ,im bored lol:icon_toast::icon_toast: yes miller lite does help

AlaskaAviator 07-31-2013 10:09 PM

Its a real bitch when you got nothing to bitch about.

dulley 07-31-2013 10:14 PM

yes it is when u get my age lol . hey I see you are from Alaska ,this year we met a guy from there in Daytona ,he had some real nice bad ass bikes . ,he was there for 3 months . glad to see you always don't have ice and snow there

Harleydaddy 07-31-2013 10:18 PM

I know...you can take it in and trade it for a bike thats not black!!! Then maybe your bike might stand out among the masses of black HD's out there!

fzggm4 07-31-2013 10:23 PM

I use Meguirs Black Detail spray on mine. Does a good job on the swirl marks and is quick.

dulley 07-31-2013 10:27 PM

I have 2 bottles of that ,1 in the bag and 1 in my garage .,good stuff ,,oh I do love my black road glide ,lol. i said 2 years ago when i traded my 06 black road king that would never buy a black bike again lol . never say never

HarleymanMike 07-31-2013 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by dulley (Post 11588842)
one thing is the black paint , to many swirls . how do I get them out , I got everthing . even bought one of those 3inch buffers . sorry guys ,im bored lol:icon_toast::icon_toast: yes miller lite does help

Buff it with dry white flour. No pressure, and keep it moving.

Speed safely!

bent trix 07-31-2013 10:44 PM

You can use any swirl remover, which can be purchased at the bike shop or any auto parts store.
Use a moist micro fiber pad, which is also available at any auto parts store. Use another micro fiber towel to remove the haze when scratches are removed.

It takes a little work and for best results do the work under fluorescent lighting. Fluorescent lighting will magnify every imperfection on the paint.

I bought my bike from a private owner it had 4500 miles on it, and they old boy must have washed it every 10 miles with an old pair of Levi's.

After swirl remover and some love, it now looks like a black mirror.

bent trix 07-31-2013 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by HarleymanMike (Post 11588986)
Buff it with dry white flour. No pressure, and keep it moving.

Speed safely!

Interesting. I have heard of toothpaste, but never flour. I looked through youtube to find a tutorial on flour polishing, but didn't come up with anything.

Do you have more info on this?

my67pnycar 08-01-2013 03:06 AM

I would make chit up just to get it looked at. Who knows they might find something you overlooked.