Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Wing Tour Pak Luggage Rack + Luggage

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 02:57 PM
Oakleyrider
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Air Wing Tour Pak Luggage Rack + Luggage

Hi everyone,

I have a Air Wing Tour Pak luggage rack on a 2013 RG and searching for luggage that will fit this rack. I noticed the depth is shorter than the premium tour-pak luggage rack( 14.25" vs. 13"). But the Air wing tour-pack horizontal bars are shorter (11") before it flips up in the back. I am looking at the t-bag Dekker Supreme and Dekker II tour bags but both looks like they are be to large to sit on a Air wing tour-pak luggage rack (D 14.5" & 14"). I wanted to know if anyone else is using the above luggage bags with the Air wing tour-pak rack and are they happy with the setup. Any other recommendations for luggage that fits the air wing rack.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:06 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 394 Likes on 336 Posts

I use a H-D "Sac" bag on mine, it is the round one with a waterproof inner liner.

I used this with my old bike and teh premium rack...then the new bike came with the airwing.

it attaches at the rear with 2 velcro loops, at the front with 1.
the loop at the front lands right where the center bar is, so I slit it down the middle and sealed the edges with a bic lighter.

this bag can often be found under $50 and is way durable- consider you don't want to stress the T/P lid/hinges with too much weight...I used for sleeping bag, jacket and maps. light stuff

mike

Old 08-23-2013, 04:02 PM
Oakleyrider
Cruiser

Hey Mike, I tried looking for that bag on the HD site but couldn't locate it. Did you buy this bag a few years back?

Old 08-24-2013, 02:12 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

T-bag "Dakota", used it on our 3 week trip last month. When installed you can't see the Airwing LED tail light if you have one except at night.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:08 AM
Oakleyrider
Cruiser

Thanks HD Rolling, I also have the Airwing LED light kit installed to and didn't want to obstruct those from view. I'm looking at slightly smaller bags from Kuryakan, Riverroad, Dowco and Saddlemen. I hope to make a choice this weekend. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Old 08-24-2013, 10:42 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 394 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Oakleyrider
Hey Mike, I tried looking for that bag on the HD site but couldn't locate it. Did you buy this bag a few years back?
Yeah it's old, I see that on ebay.

check your local craigslist...I bought mine from a guy who sold his bike...basically paid $200 for $1000 of riding stuff, jackets, helmets, luggage, cover etc etc.

mike

Old 08-25-2013, 11:08 AM
Oakleyrider
Cruiser

Okay, I did my research and I will get the Saddlemen TR3300 Deluxe rack bag. I like the size, capacity and the bungee on top to strap on smaller items or a jacket. I also did not want to obstruct the view of the Air Wing led kit. I will order from J&P since I have other items on my shopping list from them. I will report back with pictures and how it fits on the Air Wing rack. I search this forum and not much can be found regarding the Air Wing rack and types of luggage folks use on them. Based on what I have researched the premium HD rack has a larger footprint than the Air Wing rack and can accommodate the larger luggage.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Oakleyrider
Okay, I did my research and I will get the Saddlemen TR3300 Deluxe rack bag. I like the size, capacity and the bungee on top to strap on smaller items or a jacket. I also did not want to obstruct the view of the Air Wing led kit. I will order from J&P since I have other items on my shopping list from them. I will report back with pictures and how it fits on the Air Wing rack. I search this forum and not much can be found regarding the Air Wing rack and types of luggage folks use on them. Based on what I have researched the premium HD rack has a larger footprint than the Air Wing rack and can accommodate the larger luggage.
Subscribed. Very much want to know about this since I have the same setup!

Rax

Old 09-14-2013, 06:57 PM
Oakleyrider
Cruiser

Hi folks,

Here are a few pictures of the Saddlemen TR3300DE Deluxe Rack Bag. Bag as lots of room for packing for a trip. 54 liters (3300 cu in) and can expand to 59 liters (3600 cu in). It fits the Airwing rack just fine. There are 5 attachment points on the bag to the rack. Will not block the Brake light LED kit for the Airwing.

Last edited by Oakleyrider; 09-14-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:56 AM
Oakleyrider
Cruiser

OKAY!!! going to try to post the pictures again.

Quick Reply: Air Wing Tour Pak Luggage Rack + Luggage