Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Infotainment gps - pathetic

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 10:41 AM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Guntoter
I wish I understood GPS like the OP does. I barely am able to set a destination in the "Where To?" part. I just have an old Garmin 550 that my brother gave me when he upgraded to that 665. I sure do like having GPS though, keeps me from getting lost.
LOL, me too!
I use an even older Garmin 330 that I keep in the saddlebag, to get me home when Iam lost. Hell, I even got some way-point stuck on mine that keeps popping up.

Edited to add...............
Major props to the OP for getting out there and enjoying his retirement

Last edited by Bruce00; 08-24-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:51 AM
fireman64
Road Warrior
Received 1,583 Likes on 329 Posts

Wish I had the time and cash to ride that much, my gps is a compass for corrections and all roads lead to some place. Lol

Old 08-24-2013, 10:53 AM
wlibert
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by simpkinst
Correction. The op claims to have 100k in three years.

Does everyone believe everything they read on the Internet?
Is it up to you to question that? I have a friend with a '12 RoadGlide Ultra that is 71 years old and he put 40k on his in 1 1/2 years.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:00 AM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You spent all this time writing this post over the fact that you don't like the GPS system?

That is pathetic to me. I plan all kinds of trips with a map and Manage to stay alive.
You sir are such a badass! Hardcore mothereffer! I bet you ride on the frame, spit blood, never take a break, and go by a sun dial!

Old 08-24-2013, 11:09 AM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Got to love the internet?? Knowledgeable real rider tries to present real info on another Harley mess up and gets beat on for caring about $1000 gps fail and lying about the miles he rides. I think Harley did make an attempt to update the technology on the new bikes but like all their technology is it about 10 years behind. Seems some of the forurm members are more behind than that??

Old 08-24-2013, 11:18 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,720 Likes on 1,546 Posts

You spent all this time writing this post over the fact that you don't like the GPS system?

That is pathetic to me. I plan all kinds of trips with a map and Manage to stay alive.

Does it make you feel big to give some 70 year old man crap about a technology you care nothing about? Call him pathetic? ORLY?

Forum is going to **** folks.

lp

Old 08-24-2013, 11:52 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

sun comes up in the east and goes down in the west...that should get you started on your trip. most states have a welcome center shortly after entering--stop and get a road map. study the map at night to get a general direction of where you are going the next day. follow the dotted lines for the scenic roads. wander down the road and see where it takes you. to each his own-i think a gps could be a distraction and possibly a hazard if you are using it while you are rolling. pull over and get the old state farm road atlas out at the next intersection and look at the road signs--not that hard to figure out where to go next. keep it simple. JMO

Old 08-24-2013, 12:06 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

The OPs post is pretty informative, thanks Dan. I'm not going judge Dan by what features of motorcycle ride are important for him because we all have our personal taste. Otherwise we would all be riding Gold Wings or something. I've been looking at the 2014s mostly out of curiosity of the new features because I have no plan to buy right now. I can't say what my favorite new feature is, but I personally would have a hard time turning away from all the other features just for one that I didn't like.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:09 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

No; but I do believe the OP and it makes sense why GPS features are important to him he's obviously riding his bike many miles.

Most I know don't use a GPS and some don't think it makes sense but those same people are the ones who want me to lead on a road trip; wonder why; maybe because it's easier than pulling off to the side of the road trying to figure it out. My buds also enjoy coming over and planning the trip on big screen.

I didn't know there were so many "Then Came Bronson" riders here, now I know.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:25 PM
rnothog
Tourer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Seems to me that most Harley buyers can still find something they like. I'll need to see them to render an opinion.

Quick Reply: 2014 Infotainment gps - pathetic