Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jackpot 2-1-2 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 11:47 AM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Jackpot 2-1-2 Questions

2013 FLHTCU

For those running the Jackpot, are you using the stock cross over or did you go with the Jackpot full size X-over? Are there any gains with going to the 2-1-2 "High Output" header when I really don't plan on doing anything but the cams later? Also, I couldn't tell on FMs website, but I am assuming that the O2 sensors bungs are in place.

Here's what I am thinking:
Jackpot 2-1-2 SS Head Pipe
Jackpot 4" Mufflers
Power Vision tuner

I already have a Ness Big Suck A/C installed.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Energy-Dude
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had one on my 12 SG for a while, great power. I used the stock crossover, in talking with FM, they say you dont need it unless its a Hot 107 with cams ported heads etc. It has O2 sensor bungs in both locations for an 09 or the 10 and later bikes.

The combo your planning is very proven here and on the FM website.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:46 PM
FenderGuy53
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FinalShot
For those running the Jackpot, are you using the stock cross over or did you go with the Jackpot full size X-over? Are there any gains with going to the 2-1-2 "High Output" header when I really don't plan on doing anything but the cams later? Also, I couldn't tell on FMs website, but I am assuming that the O2 sensors bungs are in place.
I have 4" Jackpot Dyno Tuned mufflers along with Fuel Moto's Pro Billet Stage 1 air cleaner and a stock, de-catted header. I'm also using NightRider's FL-XiED-10 kit for fuel management. My SG runs great and provides all the performance that I would ever need. I don't plan on, nor do I have a need for, any future performance mods.

If you plan on limiting your performance upgrades to the Stage 1 level, then a stock, de-catted header will offer a similar bump in performance as would the other popular header options (Fuel Moto, Full Sac). I see no need to spend more money to attain a similar goal. Stock, de-catted headers can be had by a few Ebay Sellers for around $135, shipped.

If your plans include a Stage 1 upgrade AND cams only, then I still think that a stock, de-catted header will work for you. Going any further with performance mods would probably be best served by an aftermarket solution.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:42 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FenderGuy53
I have 4" Jackpot Dyno Tuned mufflers along with Fuel Moto's Pro Billet Stage 1 air cleaner and a stock, de-catted header. I'm also using NightRider's FL-XiED-10 kit for fuel management. My SG runs great and provides all the performance that I would ever need. I don't plan on, nor do I have a need for, any future performance mods.

If you plan on limiting your performance upgrades to the Stage 1 level, then a stock, de-catted header will offer a similar bump in performance as would the other popular header options (Fuel Moto, Full Sac). I see no need to spend more money to attain a similar goal. Stock, de-catted headers can be had by a few Ebay Sellers for around $135, shipped.

If your plans include a Stage 1 upgrade AND cams only, then I still think that a stock, de-catted header will work for you. Going any further with performance mods would probably be best served by an aftermarket solution.

Hope this helps.
+1! I'm running a stock de-catted head pipe, Jackpot Dyno Tuned 4" muffs, FM A\C, Woods 222 cams & Power Vision. The map on the PV (from FM) says "Jackpot 2-1-2", must be real close. Get a gutted head pipe (or gut yours) and put the $$ saved towards some cams, IMO.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

I run the 2-1-2 with the stock cross-under pipe. It's appears to be the same size pipe as what they are offering in their "full size crossover", just flattened a bit to allow the clamp to hold it snugly in place...and to allow a little more clearance under the bike. It's certainly not worth what they are asking for it in my opinion.

Fender guy has his opinions, however, the stainless header from FM is much better quality than the stock header. It's lighter, more robust up where it fits into the exhaust gasket, and the collector is engineered for a better balance of air flow between the left and right muffler. There is little engineering in the collector area of the stock header. The stock gutted pipe is cheap and for those that go cheap, well, it works for them.

The FM header comes with O2 bungs up near the exhaust ports (where they should be) and also down at the location where the current narrow-band stock O2s screw in on 2010 and newer models. FM supplies bung plugs for the bung locations you don't use.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:17 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior

Thanks guys for the input. I gutted my cat and that is an option I really hadn't thought about, to keep it. I'm curious if anyone knows if there is a performance gain and exactly how much between a stock decatted and the Jackpot?

Old 10-01-2013, 03:30 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks guys for the input. I gutted my cat and that is an option I really hadn't thought about, to keep it. I'm curious if anyone knows if there is a performance gain and exactly how much between a stock decatted and the Jackpot?
Fuel Moto used to have a comparison dyno sheet on their site. If I remember correctly, there was a little over 1hp & 4tq gain with the Jackpot 2-1-2 over over an 09 (I think) catless stock head pipe.

Check out post #250 on this link

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...l#post10574817

Last edited by 07FLHT; 10-01-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:40 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 07FLHT
Fuel Moto used to have a comparison dyno sheet on their site. If I remember correctly, there was a little over 1hp & 4tq gain with the Jackpot 2-1-2 over over an 09 (I think) catless stock head pipe.

Check out post #250 on this link

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...l#post10574817
Just what I was looking for, thanks. Don't know if $350+ per HP and $110 per TQ is worth it.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:22 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 882 Likes on 439 Posts

The full-size crossover is a little bigger in diameter, but it's not crimped, so it presents less restriction. I don't know that I'd bother with it on a Stage 1 103. I like it on my 110. There is simply no comparison between a de-catted stock pipe and a Jackpot pipe. The Jackpot is worth the money in power, flow, and temperature. Similarly, there is no comparison between a gimmick like the XIEDs and a proper tune.

Do your Stage 1 right, and you'll have a faster, smoother, cooler bike that gets better mileage than anyone with a de-catted bike and XIEDs.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:56 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

Just what I was looking for, thanks. Don't know if $350+ per HP and $110 per TQ is worth it.
Your welcome.