Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Need help with sensitivity seting for intercom.. (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/912027-need-help-with-sensitivity-seting-for-intercom.html)

Reaper22 10-01-2013 07:30 PM

Need help with sensitivity seting for intercom..

Ok I have a 2013 ultra limited and purchased half helmet headsets and if I set the sensitivity too high so I do not have to turn headset volume all the way up the radio cuts out at loud volume and if I turn the sensitivity down so the radio volume does not cut out I have to turn the headset volume all the way up to barely hear each other, so my ? is, Is there a proper way to set these up without sacrificing radio?

zoozoo 10-01-2013 07:38 PM

this might help ya.

Reaper22 10-01-2013 09:09 PM

Thanks bro that did help, It let me know that the radio volume turned up was keying intercom on and off, not sure why it is that sensitive and really not sure why it does not turn music down all the way when talking but prolly a Harley issue..

Reaper22 10-02-2013 04:56 PM

For some reason if I try to turn sensitivity up like the video says (2 notches down) the intercom picks up radio and cuts out if I try and turn the radio up, even wind sets it off as well, does anyone else have this issue??

Reaper22 10-02-2013 05:03 PM

Is there something I can put on the mic?

Concours 10-02-2013 07:10 PM

Got tired of messing with the VOX sensitivity and just turned the VOX all the way down .. use the PTT (wife does as well) when we want to talk. Have to remember that occasionally I have the CB on and others might hear my wife and I talking...so keep the conversations PG:icon_nut:

PeteF 10-02-2013 08:37 PM

I can't calculate the amount of time I've spent over the years trying to get various manufacturer's including HD's, Vox systems to work correctly. I've yet to get one to work correctly. Wind and road noise are the key issues. My suggestion would be to save yourself any additional aggravation and use the PTT. That's all my wife and I use now and it works very well.

Reaper22 10-02-2013 09:37 PM

Thanks guy's, I would rather use PTT anyway my bride is ok using the PTT as well I don't really like the VOX delay when talk'n anyway, but does turning VOX off have anything to do with mic volume? cuz seems like when it's all the way down mic volume suffers..
Concours, Now that's funny right thar :}

ke5rbd 10-02-2013 11:23 PM

I gave up on the Vox. It works great as long as you don't have after market pipes, or change speeds, or pass a noisy truck or car, It does work pretty good with full face helmet. I always use the CB. No one is going to hear you over a mile away. Just don't get on trucker channels and turn the squelch up to at least half way or all the way if no one else is on cb in your group.