Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ordered some cfr pipes today

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 09:57 PM
ridedaddy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default ordered some cfr pipes today

Put a set of cfr pipes on preorder today. Since cfr is all backlogged on orders its hard to say when I will get them? Havent been able to hear them in person but it seems everyone agrees they sound bad ?$@, but some say they are to loud. Not sure where to hear them so I guess im just rolling the dice?

Old 05-20-2013, 10:31 PM
jake.h
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I canceled my order and ordered American Customs for 1/3 the price. Totally stoked. Deep, loud rumble. No wait. Check em out.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:20 PM
lumper
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After doing a ton of reading I learned about Ronnie hackers pipes.
They have a crazy unique sound but it is also adjustable with silencers and their duals and 2 into 1 headers have a core placement that you can chose for more torque or more hp.
they have done consistently 12 to 20 more ftlbs of torque and hp in lots of dynos, and they look great, depending on what set up you wan t go with.

I suggest give them a read and check out some of their pipes and although you tube is no way to hear pipes, you just cant really get a feel for the tone like that, check them out, they all have a cool characteristic when you rev the bike that sound fantastic, I think anyway.
you tube has a few videos of their war header pipes and medussa pipes that you can hear, Ronnie hacker has had some great reviews and has 40 years making motors and pipes they make some good stuff and the prices are good, my set up was $500 less than what I was looking at, a vance and hines head pipe with Rinehardt headers and a tts mastertune.
I ordered mine Friday, they go to powder coat tomorrow.
Just my opinion, you may as well read a little and see what they have to offer and decide for yourself if your shooting in the dark as it is.
I learned a lot of pipes sacrifice power and torque with uneven pipe lengths, and in properly tune bikes, etc..
I wanted functionality torque and a cool looking pipe, I found pipes perfect for me, the bagger mayhems.

http://www.hackercustomexhaust.com/products/harley.php

I am super stoked and cant wait to put these on with the air cleaner kit I ordered and then tune the bike, I have been waiting a long time, 6 weeks to order.
Good luck
Lump

Old 05-21-2013, 12:14 AM
lumper
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I meant to say before if your looking for duals, Hackers has a stepped track tuned true dual set up that they guarantee will outperform any other pipe or they will give you $100.
Three different Harley dealers dynoed back to back a 113 engine with bub true dual rinehardts and then his stepped pipes and they were 12 to 20 ft lbs more in torque and hp every time, and they look great.
Lump

Last edited by lumper; 05-21-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:50 AM
Johnny Wolf
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jake.h
I canceled my order and ordered American Customs for 1/3 the price. Totally stoked. Deep, loud rumble. No wait. Check em out.
True...BUT you get what you pay for

They use Sh**y packing, and it blows/burns out. When you take off the end-caps to remove the baffles for repacking (with the right material) they pop out of round to an egg shape, and it's a P in the A to get them back together. How do I know this, you ask? Look here:https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...s-and-pix.html

If I had the scratch I'd buy the real deal, and eventually will. Cheers to the OP, you's gonna dig 'm

Last edited by Johnny Wolf; 05-21-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:54 AM
jake.h
Tourer

Originally Posted by Johnny Wolf
True...BUT you get what you pay for

They use Sh**y packing, and it blows/burns out. When you take off the end-caps to remove the baffles for repacking (with the right material) they pop out of round to an egg shape, and it's a P in the A to get them back together. How do I know this, you ask? Look here:https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...s-and-pix.html

If I had the scratch I'd buy the real deal, and eventually will. Cheers to the OP, you's gonna dig 'm
Whoa there trigger. No hijack here. American Customs are not knock off CFRs. I waited, and waited, and waited for CFRs. Got tired of waiting. Ultimately, I think I found a better deal with a different set up.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:44 AM
longrides
Tourer

Did you get the bombers.... with tone flex?

Old 05-21-2013, 02:15 PM
Johnny Wolf
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whoa there trigger. No hijack here. American Customs are not knock off CFRs. I waited, and waited, and waited for CFRs. Got tired of waiting. Ultimately, I think I found a better deal with a different set up.
Got ya, I thought you were referring to the E-bay seller with the similar name who sells the K/o's

Sorry about the hi-jack.

On a side note can you post a link?

Last edited by Johnny Wolf; 05-21-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:01 PM
Dark Knight
Road Captain
Received 146 Likes on 36 Posts

I had ordered CFR's a while ago as well and got tired of waiting. So I called around to other vendors and found a small shop that actually just got some in stock. Cancelled my order from the first place and got my CFR's from the small shop.

I strongly doubt they have any more in stock but my point is that it doesn't hurt to call around.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:20 PM
56tbird
Tourer

I ordered mine in late March and got tired of waiting. I told my reseller that I wanted to cancel and he went the extra mile and worked with CFR to get me a set that must not be fully released yet because I haven't found the model on anyone's site (just differences in cap area) . I have my tracking number and I should have them in my hands by this time next week.

Quick Reply: ordered some cfr pipes today