Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 04:51 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Floorboard Gun Storage
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/tourin...n-storage.html

Issue:
A nifty modification to store a gun in your floorboard, with some users believing the post is photoshopped.
Read below for full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Floorboard Gun Storage

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 04:56 PM
Steady Eddy
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I carry a relatively small Ruger .357. Now, if I lay that smaller frame piece on my footboard, it becomes immediately apparent that to store it IN any kind of footboard, said board would have to be way larger than the stocker on my RK, and at least 2 inches thick if I wanted to use foam in there. So in addition to being a dumb idea, it's really not possible. Obviously, the original shot was photoshopped, and the ones that are for sale wouldn't hold a handgun of any size.

Old 12-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 614 Likes on 383 Posts

I've been riding 35 years and have toured the US, Canada and Mexico extensively. I've never needed a gun. I understand if someone lives or commutes in a questionable area, but for others, I don't get the obsession with carrying. Unless I'm going hunting or to a range, my guns stay at home.

Old 12-30-2013, 05:18 PM
12hdrk
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoff
I've been riding 35 years and have toured the US, Canada and Mexico extensively. I've never needed a gun. I understand if someone lives or commutes in a questionable area, but for others, I don't get the obsession with carrying. Unless I'm going hunting or to a range, my guns stay at home.
God bless America and the freedom to choose. Keep yours at home. If you ever do need help maybe one of the gun toters here will be there to help out:-) Ya never know when you will need one. Year 36 could be the one. Just saying. Stay safe.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited by 12hdrk; 12-30-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:38 PM
IWannaChop
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are something like eighty million guns in the U.S. What percentage of those would you say are "needed" each day for self defense? I have never "needed" my life insurance, my fire insurance, my flood insurance, etc. Here's an idea. From now on, try to have a point.

Old 12-30-2013, 05:47 PM
12hdrk
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by IWannaChop
There are something like eighty million guns in the U.S. What percentage of those would you say are "needed" each day for self defense? I have never "needed" my life insurance, my fire insurance, my flood insurance, etc. Here's an idea. From now on, try to have a point.
That is one of the dumbest things I've read in a while. Because you have never needed any type of insurance, that makes them pointless. Kelley Bundy school of logic. I have needed fire insurance. Car insurance. Homeowners. Stupid. Stupid statement.

Old 12-30-2013, 05:49 PM
12hdrk
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by IWannaChop
No. Really. Dumb!! Can't get over that you said that.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:03 PM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by Steady Eddy
I carry a relatively small Ruger .357. Now, if I lay that smaller frame piece on my footboard, it becomes immediately apparent that to store it IN any kind of footboard, said board would have to be way larger than the stocker on my RK, and at least 2 inches thick if I wanted to use foam in there. So in addition to being a dumb idea, it's really not possible. Obviously, the original shot was photoshopped, and the ones that are for sale wouldn't hold a handgun of any size.
Since my original reply, I have actually seen a set of these live & in person...and they won't carry a larger frame auto, but the guy had a .380 auto in there...I doubt that you could carry a revolver, that's true enough! He said that he hadn't noticed any particularly high rate of finish wear, like I was concerned about. But getting it out IS a major production...

Old 12-30-2013, 06:12 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoff
Bingo.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:26 PM
IWannaChop
Advanced

[QUOTE=12hdrk;12142388]That is one of the dumbest things I've read in a while. Because you have never needed any type of insurance, that makes them pointless. Kelley Bundy school of logic. I have needed fire insurance. Car insurance. Homeowners. Stupid. Stupid statement.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus[/QUOTthat Is the point. Not needing something does not mean you will never need it. I was being ironic. Just because you have never had to shoot someone does not mean you will never have to. I carry. Always.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:29 PM
IWannaChop
Advanced

My wife carries too. And I sent her to FrontSite for a week of professional training.

Quick Reply: Floorboard Gun Storage