Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hot pick up!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 06:32 AM
rastas
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hot pick up!

Well got a surprise call this morning. My bike had arrived and was being prepped. Being a 42 degree(about 110 for you guys) day in Adelaide, the train ride and walk through the city to get bike was, well you could say bloody hot. At least there was some eye candy on the train to keep me occupied. The Daytona blue in sun light looks wild, more than happy. Traffic was flowing well so didn't have to spend any time at lights. Gotta dial in the rear shocks a bit better, new front end is solid compared to my last SG. As a stock bike it is a bit peppier than my last SG when it was stock. Got her home, parked her, then my daughter come round. It was her birthday so my attention was with her for the rest of the night.

See how I feel tomorrow as to wether I fit my jackpot 2-1-2 s/s ceramic coated, 4" jackpot mufflers, S/E stage 1 a/c and power vision. Few other items to fit also but nothing worth mentioning.

Anyway been a good day, my daughter got presents and so did I. It was a bloody long wait for this bike to get here but well worth the wait. Any one else that has ridden Harley tourers understands why they are the biggest sellers in the US. Be good to see them take off a bit more down under.

Old 12-19-2013, 06:39 AM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Congrats on the new sled

Old 12-19-2013, 06:55 AM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

Glad to hear you like it. Not sure you are making too many friends here talking about the warm temps lol. Enjoy your new ride

Old 12-19-2013, 07:04 AM
Simonizer
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats, some great Country to ride in your parts, enjoy your new bike, - 30 here atm.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:35 AM
rastas
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow it sounds cold. I bet you guys are hanging for spring to come round. I have never seen snow, we do get it in the high country but if I want to holiday, I see no point going where it is cold Give me summer any day of the year Shame we don't get the 6.5 radio and the painted inner fairing here but other than those two items the SG Standard here has the rest of the Specials goodies. Even though the dealer gave me a full tank of juice, I did notice we didn't get the push button fuel door.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:01 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts

Jolly well done old chap - envious! As you suffering such grave weather conditions I suggest you get out and ride, so you can enjoy a cooling breeze - shouldn't take long to roll on some miles and get dialled into it, before making any changes. While riding you might spare a thought for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere!

Old 12-19-2013, 08:22 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats on the new ride. Heck, I thought 42 degrees sounded warm until I noticed it was celcius. You are right, that is a hot ride.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:08 AM
hogowner69
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats on the new ride!!! you will enjoy for sure!!

here in NYC, this weekend it is suppose to get into the upper 50's on Saturday and maybe upper 60's on Sunday...which could set a record.......BUT......they are saying alot of rain.....time will tell

Old 12-19-2013, 10:31 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd love a ride like that right about now. Chilly up north here. Congrats on the new right. Get out there and put some miles on her for the rest of us that can't!

Old 12-19-2013, 12:00 PM
jmcdermit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent color choice too!

Quick Reply: Hot pick up!