Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slash Cut slip ons... what do you run and what do you recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 04:52 PM
Techknowguy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slash Cut slip ons... what do you run and what do you recommend?

Greetings to the touring crowd!

I am taking delivery of my 2014 Street Glide Special (Amber Whiskey color) this weekend. I will post up pictures when it is home

The dealer is currently installing an HD low profile single cartridge fork kit and a Legend rear air suspension. (Yes, I am vertically challenged). I normally do all of the wrenching on my bikes, but am slammed at work and wanted to get the suspension done quickly. Now, on to the question I asked in the subject line...

From a quality standpoint, what do you run or recommend in the way of slash cut slip-ons? I want the Slash Forward/Slash Up design that follows the lines of the saddle bags. I am thinking 4" OD with a 2.5" baffle.

I will ultimately install either a Dyno Jet PCV with autotune (I ran one on my Street Bob and loved it) or the new Power Vision controller unit for fuel injection management, but that won't happen for a little while. I will also add power dual head pipes and a freer flowing intake at that point.

In the meantime, the extra sound and little increase in power from the slip-ons should keep me entertained.

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-22-2014, 05:06 PM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Big Louies by Rush. Just my humble opinion.

Congrats on the new SGS.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:11 PM
mwegryn
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's a terrible color choice

I'm not sure what others have with a forward slash, but Klock Werks make some called Super Savers that are 4". The short forward slash model follows the angle of the bags perfectly. I have the short straight cuts and they have a good sound IMO. Nice and quiet while cruising along at a steady RPM, but they will bark. Great bang for the buck.

http://www.kustombaggers.com/Super-S...atalogId=-1831

Old 01-22-2014, 06:01 PM
Techknowguy
Intermediate

Thanks for the recommendations!

Old 01-22-2014, 06:02 PM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 24,370 Likes on 10,030 Posts

Originally Posted by one-up
Big Louies by Rush. Just my humble opinion.

Congrats on the new SGS.

Attached Thumbnails Slash Cut slip ons... what do you run and what do you recommend?-rush-big-louies-medium-.jpg  
Old 01-22-2014, 06:19 PM
bbest71
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at jackpot 4" mufflers. I have them on my RK and couldn't be happier with the quality and sound. Also did stage 1 and PCV all thru fuelmoto. Check them out on www.Fuelmoto.com. Plus those guys can make some other suggestions...great customer service...mapping too

Old 01-22-2014, 06:35 PM
yokdriver
Tourer

I myself went with the twin slash from V&H and I like them alot

Old 01-22-2014, 07:02 PM
Techknowguy
Intermediate

Has anyone tried the RC Components slash cuts? At this point I am leaning towards the Klock Werks SS; they sound good and the rolled ends look really nice and they line up well with the saddle bag ends.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:07 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

One of the guys in our group has the V&H Twin Slash and they are both good looking and great sounding pipes. Can't go wrong with VH quality and engineering! Until this bike I always ran VH and loved them but just decided to go the Rinehart route.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:08 PM
Sethcat
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bbest71
Take a look at jackpot 4" mufflers. I have them on my RK and couldn't be happier with the quality and sound. Also did stage 1 and PCV all thru fuelmoto. Check them out on www.Fuelmoto.com. Plus those guys can make some other suggestions...great customer service...mapping too
Agreed. Fuelmoto sells their own brand Jackpot, as well as most of the other popular brands. They take some off the price if you package together the tuner, pipes, and air cleaner. What helps is that they pre-load their maps (they have a lot for almost all popular combinations). Plug and play. If you ever change any component, they will give you a custom map that matches your changes.

I also have the jackpot 4 in slash up.

Quick Reply: Slash Cut slip ons... what do you run and what do you recommend?