Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2014 Detachable Tour-Pac Kit Installed on Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 02:29 AM
WILDWOOD_1124
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by offthewall
Can you post a picture of the bike with the tour-pak attached?

Thanks

Old 02-02-2014, 04:42 AM
slapshot12
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Looks great!!

Old 02-02-2014, 04:49 AM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

These bikes look so much better without the tour paks. I have mine for travel but just for everyday cruzin around town I like the sleek look

Old 02-02-2014, 05:04 AM
djkolp
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Adde
Originally Posted by T_Dogg80
I've been looking for this thread all day! I'm on the fence about the kit. i want the smoked lenses and you have to buy them separately.

Great job on the install. Great pics. Is that the stock seat still on the bike? Any other tips for this install? Any tips about installing the lights in regards to the adhesive?
Thank you. Yes, it's the stock Ultra seat. I have the Harley adjustable backrest, so my seat selections are kind of limited. I think I will end up buying the Sundowner seat. It has a lower profile passenger seat, and I can still have my backrest, which I will never ride without. When you go to attach the bag lights, dry fit them first with the bag lids closed and locked, and then make a mark with a grease pencil or piece of tape. I just eyeballed mine, and now I have a slightly larger gap on my right bag light. Once the adhesive takes hold, the light isn't going anywhere! Also, I ran the bag light wires over the top of the shocks. If you plan on having an accessory that attaches to the top of the shock, and then to one of the points on the docking hardware, run the wire around the back of the shock. If you tie-wrap the bag light plug down on the lower portion of the shock, you won't see it from the rear of the bike once you are finished. I included a picture of the wiring setup under the seat, so it will give folks an idea of how it all fits. I believe Harley had the detachable tour-pac for the 2014's already engineered before the first bike hit the showroom floor. Everything fits like a glove. I'll include some pictures of the tour-pac attached once I get another pair of hands to help me put it back on the bike.

Cheers,
DJK

Attached Thumbnails New 2014 Detachable Tour-Pac Kit Installed on Ultra-under-seat-wires.jpg  

Last edited by djkolp; 02-02-2014 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Added a Clearer Picture
Old 02-02-2014, 07:14 AM
Crusader45
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djkolp
Adde

Thank you. Yes, it's the stock Ultra seat. I have the Harley adjustable backrest, so my seat selections are kind of limited. I think I will end up buying the Sundowner seat. It has a lower profile passenger seat, and I can still have my backrest, which I will never ride without. When you go to attach the bag lights, dry fit them first with the bag lids closed and locked, and then make a mark with a grease pencil or piece of tape. I just eyeballed mine, and now I have a slightly larger gap on my right bag light. Once the adhesive takes hold, the light isn't going anywhere! Also, I ran the bag light wires over the top of the shocks. If you plan on having an accessory that attaches to the top of the shock, and then to one of the points on the docking hardware, run the wire around the back of the shock. If you tie-wrap the bag light plug down on the lower portion of the shock, you won't see it from the rear of the bike once you are finished. I included a picture of the wiring setup under the seat, so it will give folks an idea of how it all fits. I believe Harley had the detachable tour-pac for the 2014's already engineered before the first bike hit the showroom floor. Everything fits like a glove. I'll include some pictures of the tour-pac attached once I get another pair of hands to help me put it back on the bike.

Cheers,
DJK
The HD leather low-profile bucket seat will work with the adjustable backrest (just another option). Had this on my 13 limited with the detachable tour pak. The spring on the adjustable back rest sits about 1/2" below the seat line. My 14 is going in on Saturday to have detachable kit installed and I still have the seat, so that's what I'll be using.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...er-bucket-seat

Old 02-02-2014, 07:20 AM
djkolp
Road Captain

Here are the pictures with the Tour-Pac back on the bike. It's a 5 minute job to put it back on and reconnect the wire harness. All of the lights on the Tour-Pac work the same as the stock setup, but now the bag lights work as running lights, brake lights, and turn signals. One person can take the Tour-Pac off, but putting it back on really takes two people to keep from scratching the fender.

DJK

Attached Thumbnails New 2014 Detachable Tour-Pac Kit Installed on Ultra-img_0759.jpg   New 2014 Detachable Tour-Pac Kit Installed on Ultra-img_0760.jpg   New 2014 Detachable Tour-Pac Kit Installed on Ultra-img_0761.jpg   New 2014 Detachable Tour-Pac Kit Installed on Ultra-img_0763.jpg  
Old 02-02-2014, 07:22 AM
djkolp
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Crusader45
The HD leather low-profile bucket seat will work with the adjustable backrest (just another option). Had this on my 13 limited with the detachable tour pak. The spring on the adjustable back rest sits about 1/2" below the seat line. My 14 is going in on Saturday to have detachable kit installed and I still have the seat, so that's what I'll be using.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...er-bucket-seat
Thanks for the info! Would you post a picture of your seat, when you get your bike back? Thanks again.

DJK

Old 02-02-2014, 07:47 AM
NiteOwlNY
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was considering adding just the bag lights but I don't want to decide down the road I want to make the tour-pak detachable and end up with a 2nd pair of them.

One thing I'm noticing is that there's no CB antenna relocation kit included with it.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:38 AM
Crusader45
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djkolp
Thanks for the info! Would you post a picture of your seat, when you get your bike back? Thanks again.

DJK
No problem, I'll post a pic as soon as I get it back.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:45 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Crusader45
The HD leather low-profile bucket seat will work with the adjustable backrest (just another option). Had this on my 13 limited with the detachable tour pak. The spring on the adjustable back rest sits about 1/2" below the seat line. My 14 is going in on Saturday to have detachable kit installed and I still have the seat, so that's what I'll be using. http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...er-bucket-seat
Can you post a picture of that seat with the adjustable back rest installed?

Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry, I posted this while on the previous page and hadn't noticed the OP's request for the same thing

Last edited by offthewall; 02-02-2014 at 09:52 AM.

Quick Reply: New 2014 Detachable Tour-Pac Kit Installed on Ultra