Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Fender Ideas/Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 07:50 AM
WestPalmBop
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Fender Ideas/Opinions?

Going to install a 14' Enforcer 19" front wheel on my bike. Would like to put a lower profile front fender on it. I can find all kinds of pictures with 21" wheels but don't see anyone that has done it with a stock enforcer wheel on a 19". Anyone done it yet and/or have pictures? Also, is there a preferred supplier?

Old 02-17-2014, 09:17 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 126 Posts

Same thing I'm doing on my Ultra --- 19" front wheel. I'm going with the plain StreetGlide clean front fender --- no logos, medallions, or reflectors. I did nice stretched bags & a fender cover last year, and thought I should do something with the front. There are narrower wrap-around front fenders out there, but I decided to go with the StreetGlide fender. (Putting it on this winter, before the weather breaks.) Do a Google search on wrap around front fenders.

Attached Thumbnails Front Fender Ideas/Opinions?-riding-to-work.jpg  
Old 02-17-2014, 11:01 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,187 Likes on 2,454 Posts

for a little nicer look, go with the cvo fender. it sits about 3/4'' closer to the tire than the stock fender does. you can buy the cvo fender unpainted for about $300.

did this when i replaced the front fender on the wife's bike when the original got dinged. it's a very subtle, yet noticeable change.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:35 PM
WestPalmBop
Cruiser

Originally Posted by skratch
for a little nicer look, go with the cvo fender. it sits about 3/4'' closer to the tire than the stock fender does. you can buy the cvo fender unpainted for about $300.

did this when i replaced the front fender on the wife's bike when the original got dinged. it's a very subtle, yet noticeable change.

That looks good. I did consider that as well. I think I'm going to go with the Klock Werks one as it's a little slimmer:

http://www.kustombaggers.com/Klock-W...ductid=-239887

The "Wrapper" is my favourite so far.

Old 02-17-2014, 01:02 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by WestPalmBop
That looks good. I did consider that as well. I think I'm going to go with the Klock Werks one as it's a little slimmer:

http://www.kustombaggers.com/Klock-W...ductid=-239887

The "Wrapper" is my favourite so far.
This is the 18/19 KW Wrapper on my stock 18".

I only use it in the summer when all the touring stuff is stripped of, didn't care for the full dresser look with the fender so I stick my stock SG fender back on in the winter.

Old 02-17-2014, 03:22 PM
2004Sierra
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went through the same problem when I put the 19/18 combo on my bike.

In the end I chose the Klock Werks "Level" fender.

It has a little of the touring fender look blended into a wrapper style fender.

Old 02-17-2014, 03:23 PM
WestPalmBop
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
This is the 18/19 KW Wrapper on my stock 18".

I only use it in the summer when all the touring stuff is stripped of, didn't care for the full dresser look with the fender so I stick my stock SG fender back on in the winter.
Beauty. That is exactly what I was looking for! Looks awesome. Do you notice any difference with water/dirt spraying back from the stock fender or is about the same protection wise? Do you have to remove the wheel to install?

Old 02-17-2014, 03:26 PM
blazink5
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by WestPalmBop
Beauty. That is exactly what I was looking for! Looks awesome. Do you notice any difference with water/dirt spraying back from the stock fender or is about the same protection wise? Do you have to remove the wheel to install?
You definitely have to remove wheel to install the new fender. I have the same KW wrapper fender but for my 21" wheel.

Last edited by blazink5; 02-17-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:25 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

KW Level Fender with "19 Mirror Chrome Agitator.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:30 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Unfortunately wrap around for 18 and 19" front wheels do not look as good as those for 21"'s as there is (or used to be) much less demand. Fender manufacturers please take note. We sell a wrap around for 18" or 19" that is a wrap and does not look bad but it seems the 21" wrap fenders hug the tire better as they are only made for one size wheel which is a 21".
http://www.hogpro.com/imagebox.php?n...rt-pic1224.jpg

I hope that touring bikes now come with a 19" that someone will make a really slick looking fender for it.

Quick Reply: Front Fender Ideas/Opinions?